MRs to Aeroplan 20% bonus ?

mec

Silver Member
I logged in this morning and saw an "offer" for Aeroplan.

It was 1,000 : 1,200
With an end date of December 10th 2017.

10 minutes later it was gone.

I'm not sure if this was just a glitch or if they are getting ready to roll it out.

knick1959

Level 2 Member
I logged in this morning and saw an "offer" for Aeroplan.

It was 1,000 : 1,200
With an end date of December 10th 2017.

10 minutes later it was gone.

I'm not sure if this was just a glitch or if they are getting ready to roll it out.
I believe I saw this mentioned by FM ... it was on some blog and that's currently the only one I peek at, other than an occasional read of DoC.

They reported that it can come and go and that different logins can offer it. I checked both of our logins and neither had it. I didn't try hard, because I'm not sure I want to transfer now. We did use MR->Aeroplan to get to Africa in September, but I have nothing like that in the current plans. Yet.

Code:
http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2017/11/10/20-transfer-bonus-aeroplan-membership-rewards-targeted/

mec

Silver Member
I believe I saw this mentioned by FM ... it was on some blog and that's currently the only one I peek at, other than an occasional read of DoC.

They reported that it can come and go and that different logins can offer it. I checked both of our logins and neither had it. I didn't try hard, because I'm not sure I want to transfer now. We did use MR->Aeroplan to get to Africa in September, but I have nothing like that in the current plans. Yet.

Code:
http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2017/11/10/20-transfer-bonus-aeroplan-membership-rewards-targeted/
Thank you for that link.

I saw an Aeroplan award yesterday from ORD to HKG with a 12 hour layover in ZRH on Swiss business class for 75k points and ~50 CAD that kind of intrigues me. I don't like the idea of a speculative transfers unless I can imagine several possible uses of the points within the next ~2 years (depending on the program). And Aeroplan seems potentially unstable over that time period. But they do have a lot of potential uses.

Last edited:

mec

Silver Member
I mulled this over and; it was a rate I had been hoping for back in the early days of my award scheming business class to Europe and back again. Having two and a half years to pull the (booking) trigger, I went for the offer at 190 MRs -> 228 APMs... overloading just a bit in anticipation of a future TD card or MR top off to maintain the account and add another regional redemption.