Moving to Shanghai, China

MaryE

Level 2 Member
Hi! I'll be leaving sunny California for Shanghai in July. Contract is for 2 years. Hope to stay longer. Good school. Good people. Anyway, any MS' possibilities in China? Or at least Asia?
Best CC to use with a freight shipment of my stuff to China?
Thanks in advance.
MaryE

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
Must be nice! Enjoy!

However I don't think there is a category for freight shipments. Might be stuck using a 2/2.2% card.

Tanglong

We live in china now and have for the past 17 years. It is hard to MS over here. I was doing Serve. I haven't found much. I do NW buxx card and load money and pull out here for cash. basically there is a 2% fee for this. Many times there are fees for using foreign cards around china. I have two target cards that I have a family member and made him an SPG authorized user to make it easier for him to add money to the cards. That help some. Spg and UR are great points over here.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
We live in china now and have for the past 17 years. It is hard to MS over here. I was doing Serve. I haven't found much. I do NW buxx card and load money and pull out here for cash. basically there is a 2% fee for this. Many times there are fees for using foreign cards around china. I have two target cards that I have a family member and made him an SPG authorized user to make it easier for him to add money to the cards. That help some. Spg and UR are great points over here.
An easy way to get a FR with AMEX. Unless you put more spend on your SPG than your AU.

Tanglong

An easy way to get a FR with AMEX. Unless you put more spend on your SPG than your AU.
Been playing this game for around 12 years now without anything out of the ordinary happening. My belief is don't let what you read scare you away from trying something. Most of the time people make a bigger deal out of things so people don't try it. I do around 2-3x my credit limit on a few cards while in America (8x on one card while everyone was saying they were being shutdown) and have many other things that I do that people would say not possible. So keep pushing the edge and see what you can make happen. Stray small and build up.