MORE No-Notice Hilton Devaluations; Burn Your Points Soon

italdesign

Level 2 Member

I’m literally in the middle of writing about my Hilton redemptions in Romania. 7 nights this month set me back 60,000 Hilton points (without 5th night free).

I happen to go to Hilton.com to see if there were any other sweet spots in Romania I had missed. Lo and behold, ALL of the sweet spots (of which there were quite a few) doubled in points requirement.

• Hilton Sibiu : was 10k per night, now 20k
  • DoubleTree Sighisoara : was 5k, now 10k
  • Hampton Inn Cluj Napoca : was 10k, now 20k
  • Hampton Inn Iasi : was 5k, now 10k

{ Bye bye, Hilton Sibiu 10k redemption. Credit: hilton.com }

Of course, these aren’t the only ones affected. Other low category sweet spots wiped out include:

• DoubleTree Johor Bahru : was 10k, now 20k
  • DoubleTree Melaka : was 5k when opened this year, quickly rose to 10k, now 18-20k
  • Hampton Inn Medellin : was 10k, now 20k
  • Hampton Inn Cartagena : was 10k, now 20k
  • Hilton Salalah Resort : was 10, now 20k
The increase isn’t across the board. A few sweet spots escaped the massacre, including:

• DoubleTree Kuala Lumpur
  • DoubleTree Penang
  • Hampton Inn Farmington NM
  • Hilton Garden Inn Vienna
  • Hampton Inn Krakow
However, the writing on the wall has never been clearer. Hilton is on a mission to decimate any good value in what’s left of their low category redemptions, capping the CPM to around 0.5 across the board. This is round 3 or 4 of devaluation since they abolished the award chart. I called them out in a previous round. I have no doubt the low category value eradication will continue, and they’ll continue to provide zero notice because no one with any influence is demanding otherwise.

{ DoubleTree Kuala Lumpur : one of the last surviving low category gems, could double in cost any time. Credit: hilton.com }

I’m glad I burned some points to enjoy the low category Romanian Hiltons before this (trip report coming soon). If I were you, I’d book any low category points deals ASAP.

The post MORE No-Notice Hilton Devaluations; Burn Your Points Soon appeared first on Points Adventure.

Continue reading...