More fun with Fulfillment by Amazon Shipping

tmount

Administrator

Shipping is a pretty big deal when it comes to Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA). In fact, I wrote two posts on it in my Beginner’s Guide to FBA. You can check them out here:

And yet there is still more to write!

One of the biggest challenges for shipping is trying to get all of your packages into one FBA Center, preferably the closest one, at the lowest price, with the quickest delivery (so the products are available for sale, of course). I’m not sure I’ve found the silver bullet for it yet, however, I’m testing out some new things, and I thought I’d share them as I wait for the results.

Where it starts:

First off, you go into your Settings (see photo below), then select “Fulfillment by Amazon.”

Your next step is to tweak the Inbound Settings.

Inbound Settings allow you to enable the Inventory Placement Service, which is cool because it allows you to send all units of a single Merchant SKU to a single fulfillment center, but, it is not the answer to all woes! Once you see the details, you will see why:

As you can see, Inventory Placement Service is great for standard-size products. Depending on the product, it could also work for oversized units that are 5 pounds or less.

Anyway, once you select the Inbound Settings, you just want to select Inventory Placement Service:

Wrapping up

Like I said, I’m still testing this, however, it could be a nice solution if you’re selling a ton of standard size, less than 5 pound products.

H/T to Tom

Continue reading...