Mint.com free credit score

Christian

Level 2 Member
My mint.com account now gives me a free credit score...looks like only every 3 months or so and it's equifax. Anyone else getting there free score? It does say it's Beta.

Anh

Level 2 Member
Yep, got it on mine as well. It appears to be a FAKO since I have ScoreWatch that gives me FICO score whenever there's an alert (or whenever my credit score changes) and the number is quite different (although it's also possible that it's the older model of FICO, but I doubt it. Whenever a commercial entity is able to give you FICO, they always boast about it)

By the way, does anybody else use mint.com to track MS? I have used it for the past few months and quite like them. When I started using it, they did not have my bank listed. I sent a request, and the bank appeared within 24 hours. Amex Serve was also not listed, but was also added within 24 hours after I sent them a request. I've also found that they do try to figure out the pattern of the charges (probably some machine learning). These days they correct identify 90% of my grocery charges as "MS".

PatPat

Level 2 Member
Guess I have a reason to log in to my account.
I haven't logged into Mint in months ever since I started using YNAB, which is free for college students like me. :)

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

By the way, does anybody else use mint.com to track MS? I have used it for the past few months and quite like them. When I started using it, they did not have my bank listed. I sent a request, and the bank appeared within 24 hours. Amex Serve was also not listed, but was also added within 24 hours after I sent them a request. I've also found that they do try to figure out the pattern of the charges (probably some machine learning). These days they correct identify 90% of my grocery charges as "MS".
I find it rather worthless. I get large spend warning emails days or weeks after purchases. Unless I login every day it doesn't seem to update anything automatically on the backend.

Sesq

Level 2 Member
By the way, does anybody else use mint.com to track MS? I have used it for the past few months and quite like them.
I use it for monitoring purposes. I categorize my MS manually (I label it all as bluebird and tuck it in with transfers). My real lifting is done in a google doc spreadsheet, but Mint is the tool I use to gather. The credit card bill reminders are handy too, though most of the time its been dealt with.

StammesOpfer

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Yeah mint is just my way of seeing everything in one place. I don't really use the tools anymore. I did help me finally build a budget a while back but after that was handled and MS started flowing through those accounts, I am not going to categorize everything manually.

Last edited:

Anh

Level 2 Member
Yeah mint is just my way of seeing everything in one place. I don't really use the tools anymore. I didn't help me finally build a budget a while back but after that was handled and MS started flowing through those accounts, I am not going to categorize everything manually.
Pretty much how I use it as well, to see everything in one place. I only have to manually category about 10% of my MS activities since it does it automatically for me.

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

Oooof. Tried it out today and it lists me as 696. Apparently, my 23 total inquiries are not making for a happy minter.