Milk the Platinum

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
I had a booking at a Kempinski which would no doubt be preferable to a Hilton in Dresden. I was thinking that with my (very temporary) Diamond Status I should book a cheap room at the Hilton and get upgraded(hopefully) plus breakfast, lounge access etc.

Was this a wise decision?

smittytabb

Staff member
I had a booking at a Kempinski which would no doubt be preferable to a Hilton in Dresden. I was thinking that with my (very temporary) Diamond Status I should book a cheap room at the Hilton and get upgraded(hopefully) plus breakfast, lounge access etc.

Was this a wise decision?
Not sure. There are too many factors to consider other than status. What about location, price, etc.? No way to guarantee an upgrade with Hilton anyway.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
You should only do it if you are happy with the worst room in the Hilton. The breakfast and lounge should be guaranteed (barring the areas being closed for renovation).

WavyCEO

Level 2 Member
You should only do it if you are happy with the worst room in the Hilton. The breakfast and lounge should be guaranteed (barring the areas being closed for renovation).
Ditto to what @Matt said you shouldn't bank on getting upgraded. So unless you would be happy with a terrible room at the Hilton I wouldn't take a chance of being stuck with a terrible room.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
You may want to check FT or contact the hotel to see what exactly that includes. I've seen breakfasts range from some pastries/coffee/juice to sit down in nice full service restaurants, usually it's somewhere in between. Lounges vary quite a lot too, I've seen dinner hors dovres vary from packaged cheese/crackers to a decent full meal...