Might want to use your Radio Shack GCs....

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2014/09/11/radioshack_bankruptcy_the_company_says_it_may_not_have_enough_cash.html

A few months ago Radio Shack ran a promo where they paid $5 for every phone/charger/earphones you chose to bring in, up to $25 a person. You were given a Radio Shack GC. It was publicized in several of the travel hacking blogs: one of the bloggers reported that she got $25 for each member of her family.

We traded in a bunch of stuff to the tune of $75 in GCs. Given the article linked to above, and remembering the sudden demise of Plink, it might be a good idea to use any Radio Shack GCs you may have around soon!

smittytabb

Staff member
http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2014/09/11/radioshack_bankruptcy_the_company_says_it_may_not_have_enough_cash.html

A few months ago Radio Shack ran a promo where they paid $5 for every phone/charger/earphones you chose to bring in, up to $25 a person. You were given a Radio Shack GC. It was publicized in several of the travel hacking blogs: one of the bloggers reported that she got $25 for each member of her family.

We traded in a bunch of stuff to the tune of $75 in GCs. Given the article linked to above, and remembering the sudden demise of Plink, it might be a good idea to use any Radio Shack GCs you may have around soon!
Not a bad idea, but of course if they file for bankruptcy that may or may not impact the cards.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Not a bad idea, but of course if they file for bankruptcy that may or may not impact the cards.
Indeed. But I lost a bit with Plink, so paid more attention than I might have when I saw this. I did try to redeem my Plink points once or twice, but the supply of GCs was low. The stores/restaurants where they offered promos were rarely ones I frequented, and then it pretty much disappeared off my radar.

As I get more into MS, I am starting to ignore promos/offers that are for small savings. Rather put my energies elsewhere. But getting rid of a bunch of 10 year old phones and chargers was worth the effort - it rid me of some old junk and did so at $5 a pop!

Shantravels

Level 2 Member
I did this promo in February. Only got 1 $25 gc, but I took it back to the same RS a couple weeks later & had no trouble getting an amazon kindle gc (good for buying anything on amazon, not just kindle stuff).

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
I did this promo in February. Only got 1 $25 gc, but I took it back to the same RS a couple weeks later & had no trouble getting an amazon kindle gc (good for buying anything on amazon, not just kindle stuff).
You were lucky! Some RS's will allow you to use a GC to buy a GC but I haven't had such success in any of the ones I tried. My 30something daughter has been pushing me to get an emergency kit together - we live in earthquake country and are overdue for a big quake - so I might see if they have the CB radios she thinks we need....

loves2fly

Gold Member
I did this early this year bringing glucose meters that were free several times at WAG. I was surprised they took it. I also bought the kindle GCs when I read on SD they can be used on anything at amazon. There's a limit of $25 per person (5 meters), so husband and daughter also got theirs. They checked DLs.