Maximizing Q4 2017 Freedom bonus category

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
As we approach the last few weeks of the quarter, I am rethinking how to maximize the quarterly 5X bonus category on my Chase Freedom CC: Walmart and Department Stores.

I am interested in gift card rather than merchandise at these merchants. Does anyone know where I can reliably find either Amazon or Airbnb GCs? Not interested in $1500 worth of anything else.

Thanks.

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
IN the same boat here. Can't seem to max out Freedom this quarter. Also with Discover in Target. Like WM, they don't sell VGCs there. I wonder how are others maxing out, unless they are buying store GCs.

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
I maxed mine buying $500 GD Visas at Walmart and liquidating for cheap UR.

Maybe do the same and tote them over to another store and buy AirBnB/Amazon GCs with said GD Visas? Not long ago a local grocery chain was giving away a $15 store GC for buying a $100 or larger AirBnb GC. That could have stacked up to 7500 UR plus $225 in free food for $15 in expenses plus time.

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
I maxed mine buying $500 GD Visas at Walmart and liquidating for cheap UR.

Maybe do the same and tote them over to another store and buy AirBnB/Amazon GCs with said GD Visas? Not long ago a local grocery chain was giving away a $15 store GC for buying a $100 or larger AirBnb GC. That could have stacked up to 7500 UR plus $225 in free food for $15 in expenses plus time.
Hello El -

Sorry, had to ask....what's GD visas?

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
Green Dot (a brand of Visa GC - like Vanilla, etc.)
Great, thanks. I was able to snag a GD of the 3 WMs I visited. It's a hit or miss as some cashiers don't sell it with CC.
Not sure if I want to buy 3k of GDs with 2 Freedoms without converting them in MOs....