Mattress Running via phone?

skuldyie

Level 2 Member
Has anyone had success with mattress running without actualy physically checking in at the hotel? I found a cheaper rate at a hotel I don't plan to go to, but am not sure if I should just do a local mattress run instead to complete Into the Nights promo.

Zoe

Level 2 Member
I tried calling w/ no success. The front desk said that by law, they had to check everyone in with an id. Also, I've been having a difficult time having IHG recognize that I completed the challenge. My chart says that I only stayed 2 nights, etc. If I had a choice, I never would have participated in it.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
... Why not go in... Ruffle the sheets a bit, spend some time in the room. Leave.

Why invalidate the nights by trying to trick it?

skuldyie

Level 2 Member
Yeah, it's just the rate I found that was cheaper was in a non-local city. it'd be 90$ there versus 130$ for the local one was why, but it seems like it's safer to just go for the local one and actually check in so I may just do that.

PainCorp

Level 2.14 on Dining/Travel until 12/15
I tried calling w/ no success. The front desk said that by law, they had to check everyone in with an id. Also, I've been having a difficult time having IHG recognize that I completed the challenge. My chart says that I only stayed 2 nights, etc. If I had a choice, I never would have participated in it.
I had the same issue, IHG credited me the points, but it still doesn't show as complete. I lost a Hyatt qualifying night because of this, I won't be staying there again.

Zoe

Level 2 Member
I finally spoke to a supervisor who manually awarded the 2 free nights/ 50,000 points.

Last edited:

skuldyie

Level 2 Member
I think i can do the promo with mattress runs for 250, just debating if it'd be worth it since everyone seems to be having issues with it. But good that you finally got your points Zoe.

Zoe

Level 2 Member
If you can do it for 25o, that's pretty good. They originally told me I could book the same Holiday Inn, on different weekends. Then they said it wasn't ok. So, just make sure each hotel is at a different location. Good luck!

skuldyie

Level 2 Member
Yeah it's weird. I actually have 2 IHG numbers since the last hotel i stayed at mistakenly opened up a new acct for me.
So..
on acct 1 it'd be 25500 + (26000 or 2 nights) for $350
on acct 2 it'd be 4500 + (50000 or 2 nights) for $250

Just undecided which of the two accts to go for offer on :p haha decisions decisons.