Marriott -> SPG Transfer

My wife and I are planning an upcoming trip to Paris and Barcelona next month. Luckily she is a Platinum Elite with Marriott because of the events she hosts through her job. We need 2 nights accommodation in Paris before her work conference began. I grudgingly transferred 150K Marriott points to her SPG account which yielded us 50K SPG points for a 2 night stay at the Westin Paris Vendome which was 25K per night. The cost out of pocket would have been approx $600 for both nights. While it is probably a horrible redemption I tried to remember the motto of "earn em and burn em".

dukerau

Level 2 Member
Why not stay at the Renaissance Vendome, Renaissance Arc de Triomphe, or Marriott Champs-Elysees for 45k Marriott (15k SPG) /nt. Westin doesn't look substantially nicer than any of these.

We chose to stay at the Westin because my wife's work conference is being held there. Looking at the map it seems to be a 2 min walk though. Ill discuss it with my wife. Thanks

Why not stay at the Renaissance Vendome, Renaissance Arc de Triomphe, or Marriott Champs-Elysees for 45k Marriott (15k SPG) /nt. Westin doesn't look substantially nicer than any of these.
So I spoke to the wife. We cancelled our Westin Reward stay. Transferred the points back to her Marriott account and then booked an award stay at the Renaissance Vendome. Thanks for the tip. I don't know how I missed that one.

Badassity

Level 2 Member
I know it's too late and you already got an answer... but for anyone next time:
Starwoodmap.com is a great tool that makes Marriott versus Starwood redemption decisions super easy(er).