Marriott Makes it Harder to Find Hotels in Reward Categories

italdesign

Level 2 Member
I haven’t looked at the Marriott reward category composition for a while, but I have looked at it extensively in the past to find sweet spots, and there was definitely a link in the reward chart to the hotels in each category. Now there isn’t. Now, the reward category info is just a popup with no link inside.

The chart still lists the points requirement, but now it doesn’t give you a way to find the hotels in each category.

There’s still a way to find it, but it’s tedious and only lists 20 hotels per page. You have to go to their Hotel Directory and click on “filter” to filter by categories. As mentioned, it only shows 20 results per page. Have fun clicking through the pages.

If anyone knows a better way, please leave a comment. Otherwise, this change sucks, and you have to wonder why they did it. They have copied IHG (have award chart, no composition listing) and Hilton (no award chart and no listing, killed many sweet spots without notice in the last year). Me thinks they have something evil in mind.

p.s. I’m not sure when this happened, but it has no bearing on my points… oh wait.

The post Marriott Makes it Harder to Find Hotels in Reward Categories appeared first on Points Adventure.

Continue reading...