Maldives!!!

jackal3000

Level 2 Member
I want to take my wife to the Maldives and stay at the Hyatt while maximizing First class flights. I am comfortable finding connecting flights, but wanted to know if these routes are possible.

outbound - JFK-AUH Etihad FC AA miles
return - DXB-JFK Emirates FC Alaska miles

I thought i remember reading that booking flights with alaska miles had to originate in the US??

TheBOSman

Staff member
I want to take my wife to the Maldives and stay at the Hyatt while maximizing First class flights. I am comfortable finding connecting flights, but wanted to know if these routes are possible.

outbound - JFK-AUH Etihad FC AA miles
return - DXB-JFK Emirates FC Alaska miles

I thought i remember reading that booking flights with alaska miles had to originate in the US??
Bookings with Alaska miles on Emirates must originate or terminate in North America, as AS Mileage Plan does not publish award charts for travel between two non-North American regions on EK. So MLE-DXB-JFK or DXB-JFK is perfectly valid. JFK-AUH is valid as well, assuming award space exists. The eventual addition of the A380 to that route could be good or bad for EY award availability, but we won't know until the announce it and load the flights and award availability.

Matt S NYC

Level 2 Member
EY has plenty of space in first class in January on their 777 leased from Jet Air. No space on their A380 yet. I was on their 777 before they announced the A380 and as a result have 2 seats on the A380, but there is currently no availability.

jleey98

Level 2 Member
Another option is JFK-LHR is first class (AA or BA) and LHR-DXB (Etihad)
I believe that there is more first class availability on the LHR-DXB than JFK-DXB