MacBook Pro

sound48

Level 2 Member
My laptop looks like it's toast and has become a necessity for daily work and personal use. I was looking at model number z0rg0ll a little today(new) $2699.99 list price, with bh photo having it for $2399. Can price match from Best Buy and get 23% back with Apple Pay, or use a bunch of Amex sync offers but still doesn't seem worth it. Life is difficult without a laptop, so I'd like to finalize within the next couple days. Any suggestions how to maximize? Had my last laptop for awhile, so would like another new one I can hopefully keep for years.

SicEmBear

Level 2 Member
I'm in same boat with my 2009 MBP. If your planning on spending that kind of money (even with deep discount skills), you're best off waiting for Apple to release the new MBP's in January-ish that feature the new Intel Skylake processors. They are going to be a game changer in terms of performance and battery life and would leave that i7 processor you're eyeing in the dust. You will be frustrated that you pulled the trigger on the current version.

But I did a search for the model number you mentioned and it looks like MJLT2LL/A is the equivalent of that (and much more searchable, I might add).

sound48

Level 2 Member
I'm in same boat with my 2009 MBP. If your planning on spending that kind of money (even with deep discount skills), you're best off waiting for Apple to release the new MBP's in January-ish that feature the new Intel Skylake processors. They are going to be a game changer in terms of performance and battery life and would leave that i7 processor you're eyeing in the dust. You will be frustrated that you pulled the trigger on the current version.

But I did a search for the model number you mentioned and it looks like MJLT2LL/A is the equivalent of that (and much more searchable, I might add).
Any idea when in 2016 it's supposed to be released? Didn't see much info other than early 2016.

SicEmBear

Level 2 Member
All I can say at this point is that it looks like Apple is going to update the MBP's with the Skylake processors in June. Thats what I'm holding out for.

Erin

Level 2 Member
Ended up with a MacBookPro 13" Retina for $1199 from B&H Photo. No great deals or clever point schemes (Used a 2% Arrival+ card). Just a decent laptop for a decent price and no sales tax. The sales tax part put it below the Refurb direct from Apple so I'm happy.

sound48

Level 2 Member
Any update on this purchase? I have been eyeing a refurb MBP but haven't been able to put together a great deal.
I had a buddy working at the Apple store. So I got a friends and family discount and used Apple pay during the Discover promotion. I got the 15" as I needed it for work and couldn't hold off. Can at least use it as a write off.

It took a lot of work on his part as they normally don't do the discount as a straight pos in store. But since Discover was being a pain with the not buying a gift card and do it in store, he eventually found a way. Still waiting on Discover to pay out though. That promo was a pain.

zeitgeist

Level 2 Member
i bought the macbook pro 13" retina in May when I was in New Hampshire. I used the Best Buy 10% moving coupon, a 5% off promotion and then my 2.5% BOA card. I think I paid $1000 or a little under.

PWMTrav

Staff member
My laptop looks like it's toast and has become a necessity for daily work and personal use. I was looking at model number z0rg0ll a little today(new) $2699.99 list price, with bh photo having it for $2399. Can price match from Best Buy and get 23% back with Apple Pay, or use a bunch of Amex sync offers but still doesn't seem worth it. Life is difficult without a laptop, so I'd like to finalize within the next couple days. Any suggestions how to maximize? Had my last laptop for awhile, so would like another new one I can hopefully keep for years.
Did you have a macbook pro before? What model? And would you be interested in unloading it for parts? Depending on what you have, I might be able to cobble together a working computer.

sound48

Level 2 Member
I did, but I don't remember which one. It was from 2009 I think. I ended up giving it family to use as parts already.

HariOm

Transcendent Level
Did you have a macbook pro before? What model? And would you be interested in unloading it for parts? Depending on what you have, I might be able to cobble together a working computer.
We've got a 13-inch MacBook Pro 7,1 that we'd unload for parts. Will PM the details.