Los Cabos, MX @ Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar

inflightmeal

Level 2 Member
Trip report coming soon! But man oh man am I loving this property. Great place to just relax (something I rarely do when travelling.). Gorgeous place that's on the water that features about seven oceanfront pools (both infinity and finity.)

inflightmeal

Level 2 Member
I rarely travel just to relax. But the wife and I really felt like we could go for that. And the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar delivered. Perfect place for just chilling out in the sun. Whatever Spring Break vibe I expected was found in town... but not here.

SPG Category 4. Memorial Day Weekend was $75/night + 5,000 points/night. Lowest rate on SPG site was $309/night. I don't have status but was able to work with the hotel to complete the 2nd night of my 3rd night because they kept me abreast of cancellations. The funny thing was that even though they were sold out all weekend the property never felt crowded!

"Sheraton" is kind of a bad word when it comes to staying on a beach. However, this place is AMAZING.

- 6-8 pools which are all ocean-side.
- Right on the beach but the oceanfront sand isn't really that usable. Gnarly waves break on shore and there's a major undertoe.
- 2 infinity pools
- ~6 restaurants
- Not a ton of ocean view rooms but the rooms are pretty lovely . The entire place is an old Mexican style building that's right out of a movie.
- ~15 minute taxi from 'downtown' aka Medano Bay and Cabo San Lucas Marina (think: Cabo Wabo)
- Property adjoins with a Starwood timeshare property.

Also... Cabo is known for activities: golf, snorkeling, jetskis, etc. We didn't get into any of that this trip, but it can all be arranged via the hotel. There are golf courses within stones throw from the property (including, I believe, a Jack Nicklaus course.)

Code:
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1298&language=en_US

cwilson830

Level 2 Member
Appreciate the review. I'm thinking about checking this property out later this fall since the Westin is closed for renovations this year. Was there ample room on the beach even though it was sold out? I'm more of a beach than pool guy :)

inflightmeal

Level 2 Member
Appreciate the review. I'm thinking about checking this property out later this fall since the Westin is closed for renovations this year. Was there ample room on the beach even though it was sold out? I'm more of a beach than pool guy :)
This property has minimal beach front. They had more... But last year's hurricane changed that. But it's there. The water is really unsafe though -- massive undertoe. If you're looking for some ocean swimming, check with hotels before bookings.

inflightmeal

Level 2 Member
Thanks - yeah, as long as there's a little bit of beach to sit on that's fine. Thanks.
Had a wonderful FEAST of a seafood meal at a joint downtown called The Office. It's right on the beach and the tables are on the sand. Our table was about 15 feet from the incoming afternoon surf. The table in front of us left with wet feet. No one seemed to mind. Cool spot if you like beach-adjacency!

(BTW, use of 'downtown' is mine. No one calls it that. But the town of Cabo San Lucas.)

cwilson830

Level 2 Member
Had a wonderful FEAST of a seafood meal at a joint downtown called The Office. It's right on the beach and the tables are on the sand. Our table was about 15 feet from the incoming afternoon surf. The table in front of us left with wet feet. No one seemed to mind. Cool spot if you like beach-adjacency!

(BTW, use of 'downtown' is mine. No one calls it that. But the town of Cabo San Lucas.)
Very cool - thanks!