Los Angeles to Santiago advice

Dave

Level 2 Member
Hi good people of Saverocity,

I'm trying to put together 2 rt tickets from LAX to SCL, leaving 6/15 or later and returning by or before 7/3 (aiming for about a two week-ish trip, with a sojourn to IPC in the midst of it). I have a good stash AA miles (300k), and a bunch of UR points (300k+), and UA (180k) as well as a modest amount of Avios, and 50k Merrill.

Digging around, I've found United's options to look pretty awful. AA has some flights for 30k in economy going through DFW (6/18-7/2)... but I'm wondering if there is a better option I'm not considering. Last time I went to South America I used my Avios with LAN... but I'm not seeing availability on BA.com (is there a better way to search for this, or am I just too late for that option?). My plan for IPC is to use the Merrill points for econ tickets, or try to buy direct Biz via LanChile's site.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be so greatly appreciated.

kristian

Level 2 Member
I would think UR->Avios-> LAN shorthaul would be a good use for IPC.
If there is no Saver space, the Merrill may be more beneficial for the longhaul portion
I don't know about this route in particular, but I've found some increase in LAN availability closer in.