Looking for a willing hyatt diamond...

JonOC

I'm wondering if someone who has diamond status would be willing to book points or cash/points bookings for me for an upcoming trip. You would get the stay credits (4) and I would transfer points to your acct or pay via google wallet. Any takers? I'm willing to negotiate!

mmargel

Level 2 Member
To clarify the benefit:
The new benefit is called Guest Of Honor, whereby when a Diamond member makes a points booking for someone else, they’ll receive the full Diamond benefits.

Beginning March 1, members can extend their Diamond in-hotel benefits such as Regency Club or Grand Club access, free breakfast and late check out to family or friends when they transfer a free night stay using Hyatt Gold Passport points. By extending Diamond privileges to a members’ friends or family on an award stay, Hyatt is providing the warmest possible welcome and an extraordinary on-property experience.

This is exclusively available on free night redemptions, and not on revenue stays or Points + Cash stays.

mmargel

Level 2 Member
No stay credit for the diamond if a full points booking, but if the stay is prior to July 31st, the Diamond would get 20% of the points returned. So you could help a fellow member and the "payment" as such, would be 20% of the points necessary to book the stay. Not all bad

mmargel

Level 2 Member
I'm wondering if someone who has diamond status would be willing to book points or cash/points bookings for me for an upcoming trip. You would get the stay credits (4) and I would transfer points to your acct or pay via google wallet. Any takers? I'm willing to negotiate!
When is your trip, Jon?

mmargel

Level 2 Member
To the two member I have been discussing this with, if you want to try to do a booking, you need to let me know ASAP. I will be leaving the country for a couple of weeks.

Jus

Level 2 Member
Any hyatt diamond members willing to book a guest of honor room for me in November, willing to negotiate the details

jazzmailman

Level 2 Member
I'm a SPG Plat matched to Hyatt Diamond. However, I don't plan on staying at a Hyatt property prior to end of February. If anyone wants to book a reservation with Diamond Suite upgrades under my account (only cash price and C&P reservations are eligible), please PM me. I don't need compensation since your stay/nights credit will help me requalify Hyatt Diamond next year.

Thanks!

Skywardbd

Level 2 Member
After jazzmailman has found takers for his remaining Diamond upgrades, I'm in the same situation- I have 2 Diamond upgrades left for 2015 that I won't use. I'll be glad to book a cash or cash + points reservation for someone. Will need actual cost reimbursement. PM me if interested. (Please contact jazzmailman first and book with his account if he still has Diamond upgrades available.)
Thanks!

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
Remember that for this final year, you can book a year out and use your DSUs. Hyatt has announced this is the final year of the practice. I've got my 4 DSUs attached to stays that go thru October of this year. Not every agent knows this, so it might take a bit of patience to get one who knows how to do it.

Patrickthetiger

Level 2 Member
I'm a SPG Plat matched to Hyatt Diamond. However, I don't plan on staying at a Hyatt property prior to end of February. If anyone wants to book a reservation with Diamond Suite upgrades under my account (only cash price and C&P reservations are eligible), please PM me. I don't need compensation since your stay/nights credit will help me requalify Hyatt Diamond next year.

Thanks!
After jazzmailman has found takers for his remaining Diamond upgrades, I'm in the same situation- I have 2 Diamond upgrades left for 2015 that I won't use. I'll be glad to book a cash or cash + points reservation for someone. Will need actual cost reimbursement. PM me if interested. (Please contact jazzmailman first and book with his account if he still has Diamond upgrades available.)
Thanks!
Thanks for the offers, ya'll. Very generous. I don't need them, personally, but I hope someone can use them!

Srinivas G

Level 2 Member
Is there anyway to add a hyatt diamond member to the reservation to enjoy diamond privileges on an award stay by a non diamond member?

jazzmailman

Level 2 Member
Is the diamond member traveling with you? If so, then yes.
Is this true? So the points/reservations don't even need to come out from the 'Diamond' account?

Is this Hyatt only or does it apply to all other hotel loyalty programs? Is so then I've been missing out...

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
Is there anyway to add a hyatt diamond member to the reservation to enjoy diamond privileges on an award stay by a non diamond member?
If the Diamond is not traveling you with you, if they book the award stay from their own account, then the non-diamond would be considered a Guest of Honor. Guest of Honors get all Diamond benefits minus the 500-1000 pt bonus. I think they get the F&B amenity though by default.

Srinivas G

Level 2 Member
Thanks for the info. No the diamond is not going to be travelling with me and also I cannot ask the diamond to make the reservation from diamond account as these are reservations tied to my account from the chase visa sign up. Is there any way to get access to the regency club for the breakfast?

mmargel

Level 2 Member
Hit social media and see if there is a diamond that will be in the hotel at the same time as your are. You can meet up for breakfast. The diamond can have up to 3 additional people for breakfast

Joshua C

Level 2 Member
Anyone with Hyatt Diamond willing to make me a Guest of Honor? Have a Park Hyatt NYC award stay in October to surprise my wife for a Van Morrison concert for her birthday (BIG bucket-list for her!), and would love the special treat of diamond amenities!

jazzmailman

Level 2 Member
Anyone with Hyatt Diamond willing to make me a Guest of Honor? Have a Park Hyatt NYC award stay in October to surprise my wife for a Van Morrison concert for her birthday (BIG bucket-list for her!), and would love the special treat of diamond amenities!
I'll make the Guest of Honor reservation for you, PM me. The reservation does need to come from my account - which means you'd have to transfer your points to a stranger (me).

Do it at your own risk but I'm willing to help out, I can share screenshots of my Diamond status if you PM me.

hooha23

Level 2 Member
Does the Guest of Honor perk work on all-inclusive locations (a-la Hyatt Zilara)? Considering a trip for the wife and I in the fall/winter and would be very interested in a GOH "donor".

bjk497

Level 2 Member
Does the Guest of Honor perk work on all-inclusive locations (a-la Hyatt Zilara)? Considering a trip for the wife and I in the fall/winter and would be very interested in a GOH "donor".
From what I have seen, diamonds don't really get anything extra at the all inclusives

Rambling Man

Love this thread. Sounds like a win-win for both parties. I hope hope such awesome members of this community will be available for my next Hyatt Booking. A little off topic, but I just got back from The all inclusive Hyatt Zilara in Montego Bay. What a a great property! There is a lot of value to be had booking all inclusives with points. Fall seems like a slow time in Jamiaca which worked out great since we got an upgrade to a gorgeous Suite.