Long Game savings app

I recently read an interview with the founder of this savings app Long Game. Basically, it's a savings account that has some built in games to encourage you to save. You get rewarded with "coins" based on your one-time, weekly, and monthly contributions to its (FDIC-insured) savings account, the you can redeem the coins for entries into a variety of lottery-style games, including a weekly "drawing" for $1M.

When you open an account you get 300 "coins" and if you add promo code "DWVMK4" you get 300 more (not my referral code, just found it on the Long Game Twitter account. My referral code is SSKGGOE. For all I know you can use both).

I fiddled around with the automatic savings settings and it seems like the cheapest per-coin way to set it up is at $5 per week. You also earn coins for making one-time transfers, although with the ACH clearing time that seems to be way more trouble than it's worth.

Hell, the whole thing might be way more trouble than it's worth! But if you want to feel like you're playing the lottery without actually, you know, playing the lottery, this seems a lot easier than the crappy Simon Mall Rewards app.