London/Paris Category 7 property

allen060421

Level 2 Member
I have an upcoming trip to London and Paris next year.
What would be the best category 7 property in each area to redeem for?

Thank you!

smittytabb

Staff member
I have an upcoming trip to London and Paris next year.
What would be the best category 7 property in each area to redeem for?

Thank you!
Just stayed at the Mayfair in London a couple of weeks ago and it was terrific. Will be posting a review of it here on the site soon.

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
Just stayed at the Mayfair in London a couple of weeks ago and it was terrific. Will be posting a review of it here on the site soon.
Agree. We stayed there in June and loved it. We had a spacious room and the location was ideal for us. It's in Mayfair (natch). We could walk to many places of interest to us, and public transportation is excellent. The Green Park Tube Station is a block away. There is a grocery store just across the street. And a block north is a pedestrian street where we'd get delicious fresh egg sandwiches for breakfast.

rhinodh

Level 2 Member
Stayed at The May Fair on two separate occasions (2012 and 2013), and I will stay there again whenever I return (as long as I have enough Club Carlson points :)).

Excellent hotel and location, IMO.

Not sure about Plaza on the River, I've never stayed there.

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
I'll chime in as another person who has stayed at the May Fair and liked it. We stayed on a last minute booking during Wimbledon. Not only did we find award availability when most chains had none, we got our second night free thanks to our Carlson credit card. We were given a spacious room and a coupon for a free drink. The location, just north of the Green Park Tube Station, worked well for the places we go when in London. I also liked it that it was across from a grocery store, allowing quick room provisioning.

AndyL

Level 2 Member
I have a trip coming up next summer as well in London and Paris. Decided to apply for the Chase Fairmont and redeemed 2 nights at the Savoy in London. Otherwise I would have picked Mayfair. For Paris I went with le dokhan & metropolitan based on tripadvisor rankings

kmann

Level 2 Member
We didn't stay at the Plaza on the River, but we did stop by to check it out really quick and it looked like a very nice option.
We ended up going with the May Fair, and it actually was a bit "too much" for our taste-nothing like rubbing shoulders with D-List celebrities letting the entire lobby know that they are heading to a party hosted by Rihanna. Our suite was impressive there, but it was just not our cup of tea (pun intended).
We would have been better suited going with Plaza on the River-still a great location, but a more relaxed feel to the hotel.