Loading Serve is now available at more places

Ted Nguyen

Level 2 Member
Serve can now be loaded at Dollar General, Rite Aid, Walmart, CVS, Walmart, Family Dollar and 7/11 as shown on their website. This makes it the easiest card to use for loading cards. Does anyone have any experience loading at DG or RA?

knick1959

Level 2 Member
Serve can now be loaded at Dollar General, Rite Aid, Walmart, CVS, Walmart, Family Dollar and 7/11 as shown on their website. This makes it the easiest card to use for loading cards. Does anyone have any experience loading at DG or RA?
Some of these places charge a fee. Well, that's my understanding and why I have avoided them. And they've made it more complex ... each Serve card type seems to have slightly different rules and fees. I'm anxious to see the responses ...

MilesJunkie

Level 1.66 Member
Walmart is so good, it's listed twice! haha

CVS is cash only load, unless things have changed...

FD still has some weird velocity limit that nobody really knows, so low scale-ability.

Supposedly DG is okay and should be a bit better than FD, but CSRs need serious training.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
DG is my go-to place for loading Serve. It's easy to hit going in and out of our subdivision. It's one of the few things I know about! Ask away. I've been going there since Sept.

REA

Level 2 Member
DG is my go-to place for loading Serve. It's easy to hit going in and out of our subdivision. It's one of the few things I know about! Ask away. I've been going there since Sept.
What are the per transaction and per day limits at DG?

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
The per transaction load is $500. Not sure about the per day/per store load. I started out small and ramped up as they got to know me. They're use to me doing $500. However, I will do back to back $500 loads at the one store.

It really depends on the CSR. The one I do 1k with is young, works weekends, training to be a manager, but eventually will be starting his own business. I imagine he'll do well if he learns how to manage his money.

I go early in the morning. I also load small cards but get out of line if someone comes up. I've started buying things too. Their cleaning supplies are cheaper. At one store they really loosened up when they saw me buying some grocery items. They had Libby's vegetables 3/$1 on sale, so not a "waste" to pick up some.

We have some new CCs coming and can load Serve aftet the first. One of the weekends when he's working, I'm sure he'll let me experiment and see if we can do the max $2500. However, it's not something I would routinely do at one store. The nice thing is you can use OV GCs.

REA

Level 2 Member
The per transaction load is $500. Not sure about the per day/per store load. I started out small and ramped up as they got to know me. They're use to me doing $500. However, I will do back to back $500 loads at the one store.

It really depends on the CSR. The one I do 1k with is young, works weekends, training to be a manager, but eventually will be starting his own business. I imagine he'll do well if he learns how to manage his money.

I go early in the morning. I also load small cards but get out of line if someone comes up. I've started buying things too. Their cleaning supplies are cheaper. At one store they really loosened up when they saw me buying some grocery items. They had Libby's vegetables 3/$1 on sale, so not a "waste" to pick up some.

We have some new CCs coming and can load Serve aftet the first. One of the weekends when he's working, I'm sure he'll let me experiment and see if we can do the max $2500. However, it's not something I would routinely do at one store. The nice thing is you can use OV GCs.
Thanks for the info. I usually do FD, but only 1 $500 transaction per day, so do 2x $500 at DG would save alot of time.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
Like I said, I only do (2) at ONE of my stores. I can make a loop and hit up a lot of stores but usually just pop in and out as I'm driving around to see patients. My volume is increasing so I'm also using WM. Their money center opens at 7am.

Ted, CSRs are NOT nosey about the GCs at all. You have to give them the card, they swipe it on their machine, but they don't care about the name on the card.

Flanmann

Level 2 Member
I really wish we could get some hard and fast facts on the actual limits at FD and DG. I've done 3 x $100 successfully in one store. Never tried more than a $500.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
I really wish we could get some hard and fast facts on the actual limits at FD and DG. I've done 3 x $100 successfully in one store. Never tried more than a $500.
I definitely know 1k can be done at DG in separate transactions. At least they don't need the manager, like FD, to load.

If anyone ants to send me a Serve Card and some GCs before the first, I'll be glad to test it out. Otherwise, I have to wait until then.

Ted Nguyen

Level 2 Member
So I loaded 500 each at 2 DGs and 2 RAs and all of them accepted the MCGCs and VGCs with no problem! One DG CSR did ask to see my card. I just gave her the MCGC and said it's a debit card and she was okay with it. According to this data point on Reddit the limit at RA can be the serve limit. I don't think we should hit it that hard though just to not burn bridges.