Living off of Cash Back from MS

YBF2011

BrokeCollegeStudent
Hey wonderful people!

I am a pretty broke college student and as of now, my only income is from MS activities.
Using only a Capital One quicksilver, an amex serve, T-mobile visa, and reloadits, I manage to generate about $250 a month in income absolutely free of charge, with very little time invested. I don't have any expenses as my room & board and tuition are already covered, and I didn't bring a vehicle to school as we have a free city wide bus system. Basically, the money is spent to eat out occasionally and on "Fun" college activities haha.

I have recently expanded my MS portfolio to include visa buxx and Account Now cards, as I have access to reloadits. I got a PPBDMC prematurely because I eventually found out that the only store in my area that could sell PayPal mycash cards never has them in stock.

So, my goal is to maximize my cash back and rewards so that I can purchase items and go out occasionally. At this time I'm not really interested in travel.

More Info:
Amex PRG
Amex Everyday: I wouldn't have gotten this card had I known MR points cash out at .5! (Rookie mistake)
Discover It
Quicksilver

I buy my reloadits at a local grocery store that has a gas station that sells them as well.

Thanks for any advice!

-BrokeCollegeStudent

P.s. Please excuse any typos, I typed this on my phone while in class ;)

P.p.s. I wasn't sure if I should stick this in credit cards or personal finance because this falls under both categories. Mods please move if necessary.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. We typically don't discuss MS outside of Level 2 areas. The reason for this is if we start digging into the nuances of techniques they are indexed by google and appear on blogs and whatnot.

But anyway, for advice - get a 5x card :)

YBF2011

BrokeCollegeStudent
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. We typically don't discuss MS outside of Level 2 areas. The reason for this is if we start digging into the nuances of techniques they are indexed by google and appear on blogs and whatnot.

But anyway, for advice - get a 5x card :)
Sorry Matt, I didn't know. Thanks for the quick reply though.

loves2fly

Gold Member
check also 2x card from Citi where you have to keep your balance close to 0 on/before your statement cuts so you get the full 2x CB it offers.