Review Lisbon Marriott Hotel

smittytabb

Staff member
I have stayed at this property in Lisbon, Portugal each year for the last four years usually for periods of 10 days to two weeks each. Its location is near to the airport, but not terribly centrally located. It is across the street from UCP, the university that arranges for our stay and so it is for this reason that we are regulars at this hotel. I've never had an upgrade at this property as a result of the university booking, I assume, but my elite status has always been honored and I have been able to take advantage of those benefits, including free internet, and access to the Executive Lounge. Unlike concierge lounges in the US, this lounge is open 7 days a week. Having access to it makes our stay as we are able to enjoy the breakfast there as well as an evening reception that includes free Portuguese wine and beer and a dinner buffet. The restaurant at the hotel, the Citrus Bar & Grill has a very nice lunch buffet daily in addition to serving a larger breakfast buffet and dinner. The hotel has a nice lobby and bar in that space and is always an interesting place to people watch. The hotel tends to get a lot of conferences and some tour groups. The standard rooms are comfortable and somewhat more spacious than most European hotel rooms. The hotel exterior is aging and it is the most noticeable part showing its age. Concierge service in the lobby is helpful and efficient. Right now it is a category 5 property and it would be a great redemption for a 1-5 certificate, something that is becoming more and more difficult to redeem for the same value as in the past. Since I come every year, I note that the staff has remained the same and many of the employees have spent their entire careers at the property. It says something about the place to be sure and they are good about remembering us from year to year which is a nice experience.