Lifemiles Buy 3x1 Promotion Now On

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Ack - I thought that the call in angle might mean it could be used by anyone.... but then again I am not sure I want to call into Avianca either.

ucitravel

Level 2 Member
Well, I called and it is only valid for people who had any miles expired OR based on what the agent said has zero balance AND did not purchase miles before.
That's what I was told.....

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I called and it is only valid for people who had any miles expired OR based on what the agent said has zero balance AND did not purchase miles before.
That's what I was told.....
I think you have to slam at least three shots of something potent before engaging in a call with these guys.

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
I wish I could share more. I received the info through a different forum and can't betray trust.

fulthrust7

Level 2 Member
I wish I could share more. I received the info through a different forum and can't betray trust.
I don't mean to hate here, but this type of behavior is very selfish. Everything we all learn is through various communities. The idea isn't to take things from one form and post on another, but if you're contributing in some fashion here, particularity by disclosing that there is a way to get 3x, then it is a bit selfish for you to not share with others. According to your theory, you should then not share anything, because, unless you have learned EVERYTHING on your OWN, you are betraying the trust of others. This is a very small community designed to increase bond and share the wealth amongst its members.

I understand there are certain things that specific folks have said to not ever disclose, and i respect that, but in the interest of the community, i don't think you should come here and say, "there is a way for no-targeted people to get 3x". Keep it to yourself if that is the case.

Sorry for venting.

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
well, the idea was to tell the community that there is a door to be opened, rather than have people assume there is no door. I think there is value in that. It does allow for others to start looking when they thought there was nothing to look for. If I told you that there is a crate of Pirate gold on a small island named Caye Calker I would think that is better than not telling you anything. But I understand you don't see that benefit. If others agree with you, I am more than happy to conform and not post tips and hints.

However, you may want to reconsider buying LM points at this point in time anyway unless you have a specific and immediate need. Jeffrey Kwok the teenage blogger from Canadiankilometers single handedly killed 15-20 tricks last week, including the TPE deal. Check that what you want to book is still working before buying miles. I am assuming no one here buys LM miles for regular redemptions

fulthrust7

Level 2 Member
well, the idea was to tell the community that there is a door to be opened, rather than have people assume there is no door. I think there is value in that. It does allow for others to start looking when they thought there was nothing to look for. If I told you that there is a crate of Pirate gold on a small island named Caye Calker I would think that is better than not telling you anything. But I understand you don't see that benefit. If others agree with you, I am more than happy to conform and not post tips and hints.

However, you may want to reconsider buying LM points at this point in time anyway unless you have a specific and immediate need. Jeffrey Kwok the teenage blogger from Canadiankilometers single handedly killed 15-20 tricks last week, including the TPE deal. Check that what you want to book is still working before buying miles. I am assuming no one here buys LM miles for regular redemptions
I was targeted, so I don't have any qualms personally. I am just looking out for the benefit of all. I also know Matt's been thinking of creating a level 3 area where LM tricks can be more openly discussed.

I appreciate the insight into LM. Interesting to know that the dude is a teenager. How did he personally kill it? I know he's publicly blogged about it in the past.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I was targeted, so I don't have any qualms personally. I am just looking out for the benefit of all. I also know Matt's been thinking of creating a level 3 area where LM tricks can be more openly discussed.

I appreciate the insight into LM. Interesting to know that the dude is a teenager. How did he personally kill it? I know he's publicly blogged about it in the past.
Based on that - we aren't ready to discuss LM here. As it is right now 99% of LM tricks are given to people in trust and then we later find out that people aren't able to keep that trust. I started up a quick thread on it in the Flight Deals Lab http://saverocity.com/forum/threads/killing-deals.152/

Before we start sharing any sort of decent knowledge we need to ensure that the players know the rules.

Manspender

Level 2 Member
I myself agree with Deltahater. Is it not better to say there is a way to do it but not betray the trust of another forum or not say anything and have eveyone think it is over at this point. Plus it shows the trust that Dealhater will have here. I am sure that we do not want all our deals to be divulged to other forums.

Haley

I am not a robot

Jeff filed a DOT complaint when they refused to let him board and didn't reroute him for free. That was a known risk for what he had booked. Soon after the website was updated and these routes no longer were bookable. They never should have been bookable and put the airline in risk of big fines.

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
Do they allow families to combine points?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post since you know enough to have seen Jeff's issue. But LM does not that I have seen in following them for a few years. But many people seem to have aunts, uncles, cousins and distant relatives who open LM accounts late in the year when they have maxed out on mileage purchase bonuses. Odd coincidence.

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
And about Jeff, that's been discussed over and over and over on another forum, it'd be nice to leave it alone here and just keep up on what's working IMO.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
And about Jeff, that's been discussed over and over and over on another forum, it'd be nice to leave it alone here and just keep up on what's working IMO.
I can understand that perspective and do agree with it in general, however we do have some newer folk here and they don't all follow each forum.

While I don't want to beat down too much on Jeff- he is a young kid and he screwed up, but at the same time he did do wrong, he isn't apologetic and we should take note of it as we don't want to foster that here.

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
Share miles is back on again for a few weeks. If you're not obligated to pay local taxes, still $15 per 1000.

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
BTW. Someone on the Aussie site posted a copy of a letter that informed the member LM price will go up from $30 to $33 per 1000 miles in October. Unknown if it is legit, but worth keeping in mind.