LAX to Hanoi, return from BKK

Dave

Level 2 Member
Any advice on this would be very deeply appreciated:

1. What route are you looking for?

LAX to Hanoi. Returning BKK to LAX.

2. What dates do you want to travel (mention how flexible you are)?

6/10/16 - 6/27/16 (ideal), but flexible. Want to leave within a week after June 10th, and stay for 18-20 days .

3. Do you want to fly first, business, or coach?

Business would be wonderful. But can do coach.

4. How many passengers?

Two.

5. How many points do you have, in which programs?

AA 540k, UR 190k, MR 80k, UA 60k, DL 55k, TY 50k, BA 40k.

Would really like to use those AA miles.

Dave

Level 2 Member
Further digging revealed the answers. It's still too early to grab 'em, but I'm hoping to book tix on CX later this week when they open up. Tried to delete this thread, but couldn't. Instead, I'll post back after I (hopefully) get everything lined up so that other people as green as me can read it.

smittytabb

Staff member
Further digging revealed the answers. It's still too early to grab 'em, but I'm hoping to book tix on CX later this week when they open up. Tried to delete this thread, but couldn't. Instead, I'll post back after I (hopefully) get everything lined up so that other people as green as me can read it.
Good luck with this. I flew that exact route with AA miles in Business on a combination of Cathay Pacific and DragonAir all connecting through Hong Kong. It was great!

glocklt4

Level 2 Member
I agree with using CX. You have sufficient AA miles which are ripe for devaluation to Asia in premium cabins, and CX has low fees/taxes to redeem on. Go for it!