LAX to CDG advice - better options?

Dave

Level 2 Member
I'm looking for some advice on a trip from LAX to CDG, 5/23 - 6/2. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have 175k MR, 300k UR, 100k United, 300k AA, 60k BA.

I've found that Air France flies direct, and using my Amex Biz Plat, I can get a roundtrip in Premium Economy for 71,133 MR (after the 50% Delta refund). My question is: might there be a better approach here to optimize this redemption, and/or perhaps find a more comfortable (i.e.: biz class) flight? I understand Air France Premium Economy is essentially a separate class of service, between econ + biz, any experience with this?

Many thanks in advance for thoughts and advice.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
For that many points, I would definitely look for redemption in J.

Historically DL has been my go-to program for Europe. With the deval to 70k, AC and OZ have more attractive rates. AA isn't bad if you can avoid YQ.

Dave

Level 2 Member
There are 2 seats available on TN CDG-LAX non-stop on 6/2. 57.5k AA per person, no fuel surcharges. You won't see them on aa.com, have to call to hold/book. I would recommend holding it/them while you think.
Brilliant, thank you!

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
I think Air Tahiti still has angled flat in biz, so just be aware of that. Lucky did a review around Thanksgiving, he basically said it was very average in terms of product. Keep an eye on the Flying Blue promo awards too. I don't see many J deals anymore, but I don't pay close attention to them.

smjd

Level 2 Member
Very interesting fifth freedom flight! Where can you search for TN award availability though or do you have to call to even get the availability?

dukerau

Level 2 Member
Very interesting fifth freedom flight! Where can you search for TN award availability though or do you have to call to even get the availability?
I use ExpertFlyer to search TN. Not sure of any free way to search.

I flew TN to and from Tahiti. It is angled flat, but I slept better on it than I have on several lie flat products. I wouldn't hesitate to fly it but wouldn't go out of my way for it.