LAX - Hawaii advice (humor me)

Dave

Level 2 Member
Hi folks,

I know this is a boring request and possibly a fool's errand, but: I'm looking for 2 nonstop RT tix from LAX to LIH (or the Big Island) for 5 or 6 nights at the end of March, somewhere between the 23rd and 31st. I see availability on AA to LIH (via BA.com for 12.5k each way) for 4 nights (25-29) but if I add a day or two in either direction there's no availability. I understand it's right around Easter, so this is probably a tough time - but wondering if there are any good options that don't cost a bazillion points that I'm not considering. Any suggestions would be super appreciated. Super appreciated.

I have approx. 300k UR, 300k AA, 90k United, 50k Avios, 44k Alaska, 200k MR.

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
LAX-LIH nonstops will be domestic carriers only. AS does not operate LAX-LIH direct flights. That leaves HA, AA, UA, and DL.

I looked for one way nonstop saver awards LAX-LIH and LIH-LAX on the big 3.

I see outbound saver space on AA285 on 3/25 you could book with Avios.

No saver space inbound on any of the big 3 for 3/30-4/2. But:
  • You might consider taking UA1292 in First inbound on 3/31 for 90K UA miles per person (ouch).
  • DL1382 on 3/30 is 40K SkyRubles/person. Odds are the transfer from MR will not arrive before the price goes up.
  • If there is saver space on HA LIH-LAX on your dates, you could transfer 60K UR to Korean to pay for it.
Hope this helps.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Do you have a CSR Card. One option would to be book with UR at the 1.5 cpp for $ bookings. Cash prices look to be around $700-$800, so would be 50Ksh pp RT. I think you could also potentially split this up with a OWs award too. Just be sure to check all prices/legs first. While this isn't the best use of UR, may not be too awful in this case.

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
Do you have a CSR Card. One option would to be book with UR at the 1.5 cpp for $ bookings. Cash prices look to be around $700-$800, so would be 50Ksh pp RT. I think you could also potentially split this up with a OWs award too. Just be sure to check all prices/legs first. While this isn't the best use of UR, may not be too awful in this case.
Just don't get stuck in Basic Economy coming back.