Latest Saverocity Observation Deck Podcast (Ep 29 FT4RL edition!)

smittytabb

Staff member
Really enjoyed listening to this @asthejoeflies. The emphasis on destinations and culture is terrific and an important one.

@Haley, I actually saw a quetzal the last time I was in the Monteverde Cloud Forest:) @Dia, I really loved the Canary Islands and was just there!

Reactions: Dia

smittytabb

Staff member
Thanks @smittytabb - it was a lot of fun to record. I could talk destinations all day, especially with such a well traveled bunch!
And @Dia made a really important point at the end of the podcast. It really is very important if you are a serious traveler to either marry a partner in crime or a willing accomplice who cheers from the sidelines. I met my husband shortly after my first RTW and I really never thought the travel thing would continue forever so I really didn't factor it in. Fortunately, while he doesn't share my extreme wanderlust or travel agenda, he does support it more than I could ever have hoped. And it matters.

In addition, as I listened to people discussing travel with children and the number of children (I have four), I just want to say that a whole window opens up for travel after they are grown. When you are in the middle of it, it doesn't seem like that could ever happen. I did almost no international travel when my children were growing up. We took a beach vacation and drove everywhere and we spent a lot of time traveling for their sports. Things really change at each stage.

Reactions: Dia

asthejoeflies

Staff member
Great points. I really love traveling with my parents now (even before they became babysitters!), and they enjoy it too (I think...)