Las Vegas

inflightmeal

Level 2 Member
Pretty great partnership with M-Life/MGM! Tonight I'm at the Vdara (all suites) amd got a $400 room for 20k Hyatt points. The same 20k would've gotten me a $190 old ass room at the MGM Grand. I love value!

mmargel

Level 2 Member
Can't argue with your post, particularly for a Saturday night booking. But keep in mind the M-Life prices, especially if you are a diamond (Thus M-Life Platinum) . I just booked several nights at the MGM in an Executive King suite for $74/night. This is a midweek price but the weekend was still only $183.
Of course the $32/day resort fee really sucks !

inflightmeal

Level 2 Member
Good point. Don't have Hyatt status to match ATM. Also... I never pay resort fees. There's always a way to get those waved. Right now I legitimately can't connect to WiFi... That complaint ought to do it.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
Good point. Don't have Hyatt status to match ATM. Also... I never pay resort fees. There's always a way to get those waved. Right now I legitimately can't connect to WiFi... That complaint ought to do it.
I've had better luck with the resort fee waiver if I call the desk a couple times about the problem and ask them to note the folio with the issue and say I'll discuss the situation at checkout if not fixed.

inflightmeal

Level 2 Member
I've had better luck with the resort fee waiver if I call the desk a couple times about the problem and ask them to note the folio with the issue and say I'll discuss the situation at checkout if not fixed.
Front desk asked me today why I hadn't said something before. The above post echoed in my head. But I'm a people person and we chatted some more, and the resort fee was waved :)

oso

Level 2 Member
Nice! hate those resort fees. Do log in to M Life before searching for rates. Usually much lower than what is open to non-members and Hyatt.com

Last month at Vdara, the floor I was on had a weird clean up problem: housekeeping and guests left trash and room service trays in the halls. Wasn't cleaned up for days. Hotel agreed to waive the resort fees for that

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
Along with MLife and FHR, I can now suggest the Visa Signature Hotels program. https://www.visasignaturehotels.com/

I got a rate $10 over Mlife platinum but got $20 for breakfast per person per day and a $25 dining credit per stay.

This was the first time I have used this program and their properties are more mid tier and plentiful than FHR. Open to anyone with a Visa Signature Card, regardless of the issuer.

Hyatt credit is also given with Visa reservations. Just be sure that Hyatt and MLife numbers are added to reservation.

Last edited:

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
What are some other good excuses for waiving resort fees? Nothing ever seems to go wrong for me ... except having to pay resort fees. :(

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
What are some other good excuses for waiving resort fees? Nothing ever seems to go wrong for me ... except having to pay resort fees. :(
I mentally add the resort fee to the quoted room rate to get my "expected" rate. This helps my heartburn over the fee.

I'd rather have a stay with nothing to complain about but the resort fee allows the front desk to remove that charge if there is a problem.