JFK-SPU AA?

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
About one inch away from buying held business tickets and wondering if there are better airline options. Leaving Aug 20-22

Four of us split on two flights that leave within 20 mints of each other from JFK into LHR. A five hour layover (ugh) and we are all on the same flight to SPU in BA business. (On a 319 so nothing super fancy) Its 180k (10k refunded to two AA accounts) and $410 total. I think it's fine but was wondering if there is a better redemption I'm missing?

To get home....thinking about a ferry to Bari and then BRI-CDG. Then CDG-JFK on paid tickets bc it's only $358 pp on IcelandAir. I have 150k UR pts I can use for those tickets but I don't mind paying out of pocket.

Whadda think?

Last edited:

janetdoe

Level 2 Member
I hate those 6-hour overnight flights ex-JFK. Assuming you can get exit row or bulkhead in Y, it's almost worse in J, because meal service will take almost 2 hours (hard to sleep while that's going on), and then they will wake you up an hour before landing, so you're looking at around 3-4 hours of sleep, max. Normally I am all about premium cabins, but I would think twice about paying an extra 20k miles per person for a relatively short flight.

Actually, I would probably fly J, but fly NYC-ORD/DFW-LON-SPU just to get longer sleep time and shorter layover time. If the time's going to be wasted anyways (5 hours in a lounge with no beds is interminably long when you're tired, and yet too short to be worth exiting the airport), it might as well be wasted in the place that will be most likely to get you a reasonable amount of sleep. <shrug>

Just nitpicking and playing devil's advocate, feel free to ignore me. Your itin is decent given late August for 4 people to Europe. :)

Last edited: