ISO JFK expert for lounge question

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
We're flying to Europe with American Airlines in a few weeks and have a 3-hour layover at JFK. I'd love to sit out the wait in a comfortable lounge, but I have no Admirals Club passes on hand.

It looks to me like all AA flights leave from Terminal 8. I have access to two lounges using my Lounge Club benefits: (a) KAL Business Class Lounge in Terminal 1, and (b) Wingstip Lounge in Terminal 4. Are any of these two lounges easily accessible from Terminal 8?

It seems to me that I am never in a position to enjoy these Lounge Club benefits.

Thanks.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
We're flying to Europe with American Airlines in a few weeks and have a 3-hour layover at JFK. I'd love to sit out the wait in a comfortable lounge, but I have no Admirals Club passes on hand.

It looks to me like all AA flights leave from Terminal 8. I have access to two lounges using my Lounge Club benefits: (a) KAL Business Class Lounge in Terminal 1, and (b) Wingstip Lounge in Terminal 4. Are any of these two lounges easily accessible from Terminal 8?

It seems to me that I am never in a position to enjoy these Lounge Club benefits.

Thanks.
JFK has an airtrain, so you'd have to go around in a loop.. I guess 30 mins would be comfortable to get to either one.

Forty Too

You can exit security and go to T4, but it'll take some time. Unfortunately there are no airside transfers from Terminal 8 at JFK.

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
Well I appreciate having my hunch confirmed. I won't be too hard are ole' JFK because I know it predates the whole TSA routine.