Is 10k SPG worth eyes on account?

HariOm

Transcendent Level
Just yesterday my loving wife received an email inviting her to sign up for the SPG 10k bonus for $10k spend by 10/15/16. Have tried several times to register for the bonus by clicking on the "Register Now" link in the email as well as copying the link and pasting it, using three different browsers and clearing cookies. An online chat rep offered to start an inquiry and we'd told him we'd try again and then call back. This card has a fair amount of normal spend along with ~$5k/month split between Simon and GC.com. Does it seem worth starting an inquiry at the risk of bringing eyes on the account?

Cory

What are you worried about from Amex? Lowering CL or just questions about the purchases/clawing back points?

HariOm

Transcendent Level
SPG and Amex overall are very valuable for us and we're trying to stay on Amex's good side. Concerned about the possibility of any adverse reaction, most of all shutdown.

FlyingExplorer

Travel, Tastes, & Tennis
Have you already put the 10k on it since the email? If not, just do so and see if the registration went through anyway somehow. And if the points don't show up, I wouldn't push it.

HariOm

Transcendent Level
Have you already put the 10k on it since the email? If not, just do so and see if the registration went through anyway somehow. And if the points don't show up, I wouldn't push it.
I like the sound of that but the online chat rep checked and said the card wasn't registered for the bonus.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Maybe something as simple as a broken link in the "button". Try one more chat, and say you know somebody else who got the email, and the button didn't work for them, either.

Ask if tech support could check the programming of the landing page.

Then try in a week.

HariOm

Transcendent Level
Maybe something as simple as a broken link in the "button". Try one more chat, and say you know somebody else who got the email, and the button didn't work for them, either.

Ask if tech support could check the programming of the landing page.

Then try in a week.
Great idea. Are you on that, bro @suljaga13 ?

torkay

Level 2 Member
i would not worry about 5k a month in extra ms'ing if you use the card regularly as well. 10k spg is quite nice and 5k a month is pretty small peas...

HariOm

Transcendent Level
Today they sent an updated version of the same targeted 10k SPG bonus for $10k spend: "You may have experienced technical difficulties while trying to enroll in this offer. We apologize for any inconvenience." But the new link doesn't work; tried clearing cookies and two browsers. Well, maybe it's a sign to lay off this one anyway, since the fine print does exclude "purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents" and considering the recent Amex Platinum clawbacks.

REGISTER AND EARN
UP TO 10,000 BONUS STARPOINTS®
You may have experienced technical difficulties while trying to enroll in this offer. We apologize for any inconvenience. Register and earn 5,000 bonus Starpoints after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases, and an additional 5,000 bonus Starpoints after you spend an additional $5,000 in qualifying purchases on your Card by 12/15/16.*