Introducing Disney Deciphered: A Podcast with Trips with Tykes

asthejoeflies

Staff member

It should come as no surprise that I love podcasts. I’ve been hosting and producing the Saverocity Observation Deck miles and points podcast with Trevor and formerly Joe Cortez for a couple of years now, and of course I love listening to all sorts of podcasts. (Current favorite? All Systems Goku from Giantbomb). I’ve been playing around with the idea of starting a Disney podcast with Leslie Harvey from Trips with Tykes since last summer. We finally mapped out what we hope for from a podcast and I’m happy to announce that our new weekly podcast, Disney Deciphered, is live now!

Leslie and I have a simple goal for Disney Deciphered. We want to help you and your family save money, time, and stress as you plan your Walt Disney World vacations. It’s a short form podcast, meaning we shoot for 15 minutes, perfect for washing the dishes or a short jog or whatever. Unlike the Observation Deck, you’ll likely take this podcast all in in one go. I won’t be doing this regularly, but I’ve embedded our intro episode below if you’d like to check it out.

The simple fact of the matter is, Walt Disney World has become incredibly complicated, especially for first timers or people who don’t visit often. The first time I went with the kids back in 2016 I felt the weight of the sheer amount of planning and knowledge I felt I needed to make the vacation run smoothly. You don’t need a Ph.D. to have a great time at Walt Disney World, but if you start your trip knowing a few things it can help make everything a bit easier.

So, Disney Deciphered is designed to help you slowly but surely break down those walls that might make Walt Disney World seem impenetrable. We’ll be breaking down simple things like how Walt Disney World consists of four parks and tackling bigger ways to save money and stress like annual passes and the Disney dining plan.

We’d love if you joined us every Wednesday to talk Walt Disney World planning. You can find the many different ways to connect with us below. We’re excited to be talking Disney and hope you give us a listen!

Ways to connect with Disney Deciphered

iTunes

RSS feed

Website

Facebook Page

Twitter

Continue reading...