Introduce yourself here!

atravels

Hello, I'm new to the forum, but not entirely new to this hobby. My SO and I live in NE Ohio, and we love to travel. However, being frugal sorts, we are exploring ways of traveling more while spending less. We have lots to learn, but I hope we'll have info to share as well.

ChrisM

Hi all, also new, from the Pittsburgh area. I've been into the hobby for about 2 years now but am gradually having all of my manufactured spending avenues closed down and am excited to pick up some tips and share anything I've learned thus far.

virt

Hi! I've MSed for quite a few years and also dabbled in reselling for a year. Being an ultimate frisbee player, I tend to do a lot of traveling for both fun and competitive tournaments, so I make pretty good use of the points that I accrue. Lately, I've been focused primarily on CB.

Also, it's very hot here.

TyroneSchulase

Hi everyone! Trying out this forum as an alternative to FT and all the newbs on Reddit. I got started around the turn of the century, doing yearly 10-20 card apparamas for low/no-fee BT's. CD's were great then, but nothing compared to MS now. I used to MS purely for cash, but I met someone at the mall buying GC's who introduced me to travel perks, and WOW!, what a game-changer. Got the SW companion pass, IHG, SPG, Hilton Surpass, and now my SO and I take a trip somewhere every month. Looking to exchange travel and other advice.

And yes, if you say my username very quickly, you'll know I'm not into spoonfeeding. :eek:

misenlai

Level 2 Member
Hi, I've been doing MS for quite sometimes. It's mostly to get free travel. Before all this, i would never dream of stepping foot to places like Maldive, but nowsaday anywhere on the world is reachable. During the week i work but on the weekend I usually go around and check out new opportunity in the local area to see if there are new ways to MS. anways, looking forward to meeting all of you.

mec

Silver Member
Having looked around for a few days, I am really impressed with the quality of the content here. I'm sure I could read for months here in Level 1 and learn tons.

I'm used to Forums having many more very basic questions from new posters who on average aren't sure where to start than this one.

I imagine I'll be able to learn much more from all of you than you will from me.

Well I'm off to Rite Aid, and then home for the night.

-mec

DrAwesome81

Level 2 Member
Adam here. Just recently got into card churning and hoping to get some nice travel out of all of this. Never MS'd before, but trying to figure it out. Enjoying the feeling that I'm finding the loopholes in life.

misenlai

Level 2 Member
Adam here. Just recently got into card churning and hoping to get some nice travel out of all of this. Never MS'd before, but trying to figure it out. Enjoying the feeling that I'm finding the loopholes in life.
Welcome, let me know if you have any questions.

GRiZ

Level 2 Member
Hey Peeps,
I'm GRiZ, I live in the midwest I like to go on vacation and make get nice things for the wife on a shoestring budget so relieves some of that pressure. I actually started out because a blogger I follow kept going on about it and I finally dipped my toe in just as Serve was shutting everyone down :( . I hope to learn more here and maybe contribute what I already know.

Jiffy

Level 2 Member
Hey Peeps,
I'm GRiZ, I live in the midwest I like to go on vacation and make get nice things for the wife on a shoestring budget so relieves some of that pressure. I actually started out because a blogger I follow kept going on about it and I finally dipped my toe in just as Serve was shutting everyone down :( . I hope to learn more here and maybe contribute what I already know.
Welcome.... what do you know :)

Mcflyer

Level 2 Member
Hello I am Mcflyer. I reside North of Seattle, WA. I have spent a couple weeks reading and researching. I plan to clear my first minimum spend bonus in the next 2 months. My goal is to access travel options more widely as I've only really had the privilege of visiting Japan and Hawaii. Hope to learn and spread knowledge with y'all. From what ive read, it seems I've started a little (too) late for my comfort with the deaths of Amazon payments, bluebird/serve, etc. but I'm looking to see what I can do.

L

lizmeissner

We are from Blaine, MN and having been having fun with the hobby since 2012. We have been all around the US and Europe and now we want to focus on cruising for more relaxed vacations.

huge

Level 2 Member
Hi ... Live in Seattle, been into churning/MS/etc for 20-ish years, but mostly fairly light-weight CC bonus minimum-spend stuff (ie I don't do 5-digits per month in MS).

I can't believe I've never explored/joined this site before - I've seen it mentioned but thought I had my bases covered with FT and a couple of travel/credit blogs. I look forward to learning & contributing (and groveling for level 2 access)

-huge

giftgifter

Hello,

I am giftgifter. I have been churning since 2012 and started GC reselling last year. I am looking forward to interacting with you guys to share my experiences and provide DPs wherever possible. I am willing to experiment to get DPs and take one for the team.

GRiZ

Level 2 Member
Hello,

I am giftgifter. I have been churning since 2012 and started GC reselling last year. I am looking forward to interacting with you guys to share my experiences and provide DPs wherever possible. I am willing to experiment to get DPs and take one for the team.
Cool take a look around let us know what interests you.

Zip

Hi,

I am from DFW and have become much more active in MS lately to help offset vacations cost for 3 kids and a wife that like to travel! I have been working on an SBA loan for a business I'm opening soon, which has prevented me from opening new personal accounts, but I've at least been able to justify some business credit cards. Looking forward to learning more!

HoldDaMayo

I'm a DFW person, familiar with many layers of travel hacking, points systems, etc., but have only recently begun to dive deeper into MS. Some of the people in my circles suggested I start perusing the forums, and work towards Level 2. So, here I am.

-Jason

Fred

This is Fred, I live in LA and love playing the CC/award travel game. Thanks Matt for setting this up, looking forward to share things with everyone!

newmacity

I'm newmacity from NYC. Stumbled into this hobby on accident a few years ago. Looking forward to learning and helping where I can.

im_is_ninja

Hi every, I a newbie to travel hacking and the churning game. I discover this site by browsing around but I hope to learn a lot before everything is set and done.

k0wned

My name's Michael, and I'm from Michigan. Very new to the idea of MS. Started out a few weeks ago doing a variant of MS through cashback portals. Then I started googling about credit card cashback and I found this site. Hope to be involved in this community!

McFreeze

This is McFreeze (no relation to Mcflyer above :) Newbie to travel hacking but not travel; just received first CC and looking to meet minimum spend mostly through holiday spend. Curious about MS.

Alex Spruck

Hi everyone, Alex here. I've been churning for a few years organically and been doing MS for a year+. I hope to be able to contribute here and you might also find me on flyertalk or reddit. Thanks!

sightseemc

Hi all, glad to join up! I've been into miles/points for about a year with great success, and have begun dabbling in MS and reselling. Looking to ramp up both of those avenues for $ and points; so far Saverocity has been a great help! You can find me on FT and I'm just starting to show in reddit. Thanks for all the help!

NinjaFace

I Am NinjaFace. From california. I have been reselling for over 13 years and just started Churning and GC reselling 1 year ago. There are so many things to learn about MSing. I've been a fan of the blog for a while. its great to be part of it.

alvinroast

I'm alvinroast from Seattle. I've been churning for about eight years and MSing mostly minimum spend and grocery spend for the past few years with an occasional foray into reselling.

I was an Amazon seller about 10 years ago, but I'm hesitant to put too much time into reselling. I'm looking forward to sharing ideas and learning new things.

calvarado58

Hi! I am Carlos from Orlando, Florida. I've been collecting miles and points for a while and used them but I have not done this in the most efficient way. I recently used the booking service (nick) to get tickets to Europe in April 2018. I hope to learn a lot from this community.

SherryFD

Level 2 Member
Hi! I am Carlos from Orlando, Florida. I've been collecting miles and points for a while and used them but I have not done this in the most efficient way. I recently used the booking service (nick) to get tickets to Europe in April 2018. I hope to learn a lot from this community.
Welcome to Saverocity Carlos!

ryslin

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to all of this - just started in October, but I've already racked up 200k+ UR and am working on my Marriott business minimum spend - so I dived in fairly quickly! =o)

Having a lot of fun, learning quite a bit about credit in the process, and looking to continue to expand my understanding in order to keep earning free travel. I read about Saverocity on a website guide and figured I'd check it out.

Looking forward to sharing what I know, and learning from you all!

Passion4points

Hello Everyone! I've been in the game since 2012, and have enjoyed every minute of it! I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge and sharing what I've learned from the past 6 years in a positive, helpful, and supportive environment. I'd say that travel hacking is my #1 favorite "hobby" and I just can't get enough of it! I'm looking forward to being a part of this community!

SherryFD

Level 2 Member
Hello Everyone! I've been in the game since 2012, and have enjoyed every minute of it! I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge and sharing what I've learned from the past 6 years in a positive, helpful, and supportive environment. I'd say that travel hacking is my #1 favorite "hobby" and I just can't get enough of it! I'm looking forward to being a part of this community!
Welcome!

Howdy folks. I've been playing the Game of Cards for a while now. I've always had some kind of reward card, but really starting hitting it hard about 5 years ago. Mainly use points and miles for quick weekend trips and a big trip annually. I've had most cards and live way over 5/24. I'm running out of options for new cards and am looking to start hitting MS hard(er) and help others around me overcome their fears and start playing the Game.

My SO had terrible credit, but we've got that fixed so she's in the game now. She's gone from 0 points/miles to just under 200k in less than 15 months.

Got one brother deep in the game and one that has yet to convert. Mom and dad (well, mom) are reluctant too, but I'll win them over soon. SO's parents have seen us jet setting like rich folks and finally just recently got in the Game. Convinced a big spending buddy to stop wasting his spend recently. Many other friends are starting to consistently hit me up for info. They all tell me I need to write a book, but I know I've only scratched the surface of what the Game can provide.

In all honestly, the L2 forums and potential talks with those more savvy than me are what drew me here. Never done any networking in the hobby (don't do much in life) and looking to change that. Look forward to sharing what I've learned and helping like minded individuals.

-Wes