Introduce yourself here!

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Let's get things rolling with introductions! I started this thread for people to say hi, and share a little about themselves.

I am Matt, I set up this forum as a place to discuss Travel and Financial ideas. I am originally from the UK and currently live in New York, look forward to seeing you around!

DtB

Level 2 Member
Hey, I'm DtB. I'm excited to join a new forum of an established community.
I hope this is the beginning of something great!

Alpen_Geoff

Level 2 Member
G'day all, I'm Geoff. Currently STX based but bound for the bay area this year. Excited to get in early as I've enjoyed watching the saverocity page grow with good content and look forward to more of the same. Also on the new Travelcodex forum and loving the environment compared to some of the bigger forums

Bear

Level 2 Member
Bear - actually Cate, but that's my nickname - located in MSP. Wish there were more deals to/from MSP! Interested in a lot of Delta things, as we're a relatively captive hub.

thewally

Level 2 Member
Hello everyone. I'm Matt from NJ, I enjoy traveling and earning points. I'm excited that the crew from Saverocity created a forum.

Shawn

Managing Editor @ Miles To Memories
Hi my name is Shawn and I live in Las Vegas. I have been traveling around the world with my wife & son and writing about it for nearly 10 years. I blog at Miles To Memories, but have no plans to repeat anything learned in here on the blog. I love this hobby just as much as everyone else!

yuneeq

Level 2 Member
Hello everybody!
Like everyone else, I'm from also from NJ :)
I love credit cards, points and all forms of arbitrage.

Always looking out for the next big thing!

TheOtherCarl

Level 2 Member
I'm The Other Carl, currently based near ORD, but always eager to be far, far away. A flight delay kept me away from the Charlotte DO, and I've been playing catch-up ever since!

SearchGuyD

Level 2 Member
Hi I'm Search Guy, not because it's my specialty, just it's a thing I love to do on the web, and of course I succeed a lot too.
I live in NYC, I hope to be able to share and learn great things over here.

Last edited:

Kim @Savy.Traveler

Level 2 Member
Kim from DC, not a beginner, but not an expert either. Looking forward to interacting in a positive community!

Yikes! Forum Total: 26 (members: 12, guests: 13, robots: 1)

Matt-are you letting robots into the forum? ;-)

Last edited:

incendia

Level 2 Member
Hi I'm Avi, I live in NY, I'm not new to the game but I still have a lot to learn, and I hope I have a lot to share.
I'm excited to be part of this from the beginning, I like the saverocity blogs and I hope to get more of the same on the forums

Ps
I'm interested in know more about this mysterious 2nd level of the forum.

AIM

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm AlM. I seem to be the sole west coast representative so far, up in SEA (though I have driven through NJ a few times if that counts). I've been doing medium-level MSing, mostly through reselling though that's getting more challenging so I'm branching out a little.

Oh and I'd also be interested in the private forum, particularly to bounce around reselling ideas.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome guys and gals! The second level is basically everything that I want not to be indexed or dropped in on, so for now that is the MS forum, if I haven't switched on your access to it send me a note. Some people I know from the community so it was instant. The layering concept is to allow a variety of levels of knowledge sharing happening at the same time.

Morris

Level 2 Member
I'm Morris from SW Missouri. I've enjoyed the points game for a few years now and with the establishment of some low key forums, thanks to Matt and HMT, I have decided to crawl out from under my rock.

zsnyde

Level 2 Member
Hi I'm zsnyde. My home airport is PHL living outside of Philly. I've been in this game for a few years now and still learning everyday. Can't wait to see where this forum is headed!

MarcusBWI

Level 2 Member
Hi folks, I'm Marcus, and I live in Washington DC. I got into the churning and MS game at the beginning of this year, because I took a business class trip to Italy last year, and now I never want to fly international coach again!

I also like the idea of a forum where people won't get yelled at for asking basic questions *coughFTcough*. If there's something I know that you'd like to know, feel free to post or PM what you think might be a stupid question, and I'd be happy to help.

See you all out there!

tly

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone! I'm in SF and got started in the game last year. Big fan of the Saverocity approach and philosophy, the forum is a great extension!
Also would like to know more about the second level and learning more from all the seasoned pros.

Last edited:

shan611

Level 2 Member
Hi, I'm shan611. I'm from the Dayton, OH area. I'm am new to using points and miles, but have been collecting them, for the couple years. Would like to enjoy more travel adventures, with my family. I'd be interested in the private forum and look forward to learning from the knowledge and experience of my fellow members.

dajoip

Level 2 Member
Hi - I'm Dave and I'm from the SW Michigan area. I got into the miles/points game in 2011 and haven't looked back! I absolutely love the philosophy and content of the Saverocity blog/network, and I'm hoping this forum becomes an integral resource to this community!

I'm very interested in your "second level" for this forum, if you'd be willing to keep me posted on what that entails - thanks!

Allen

Hi, My name is Allen, live in VA, I start to collect miles & points since last year, but mainly got them through sign-up bonus, want to know more depth how to collect more miles & points

aresay

Level 2 Member
My name is Gabe. I'm from the Bay Area, but currently live in NYC. I have been collecting miles and points and MSing for a couple of years, and am interested in Level 2.

booyaa

Level 2 Member
My name is Ted. I am in the upstate, central/western NY area. I am interested in making sound financial choices and earning more miles and points to shuttle my family (of 4 and counting) around! Premium cabins are not a must (unless wife is pregnant and demands it for long-hauls...), grew up flying Economy, nothing wrong with it. Hotel suites are also not a must, though with a growing family, could make more sense space/cost-wise... I would take free breakfast for all of us over a suite though...

jojo

Level 2 Member
Hi. I'm Joanna, out of Boston, MA. I am currently hoarding (against my better judgment, and clearly all of yours) and need to step up my redemptions ASAP. I try to stay fairly diverse in my currencies. Cliche as it may be, I miss my VRs (4 CVS within a couple blocks) and some of the easy methods, but I am interested in learning and sharing some of the more obscure ones. I am also really looking forward to a less snitty (for lack of a better word) vibe than FT, and not getting lost in 100 page threads!

I too would have much interest in the non-public second tier.

BlkHat

Hi, my name is Dave and I'm in Omaha, NE. My wife and I like to travel and started building and using miles more actively since last summer. I am always looking for ways to build miles/points and use them efficiently while still holding down full time jobs. So I am interested in the second level. :)

KennyBSAT

Staff member
Hi y'all I'm Kenny from San Antonio, TX. Thanks to this game our family can travel as far as we can fly on a long weekend rather than as far as we can drive. I am definitely all about making trips happen as opposed to making them luxurious. I hope to learn from and contribute to level 2.

mws50

Level 2 Member
Another Matt here. Live about an hour south of Memphis. Been in the game for a couple of years. New to manufactured spend. Hoping to ramp it up in the future with the help of this group. Been a fan of Saverocity for a while. Thanks to Matt and the others for what you do on the blog and what you are doing here.

ushdadude

Level 2 Member
Hi All, I'm Ush. I'm from NY. CCs are giving me a great honeymoon and hopefully many awesome vacations in the future.

projectx

Level 2 Member
Hello everyone! I'm projectx, based out of the midwest. I became interested in MS'ing last year and I am looking to advance beyond the basics (without doing anything stupid!), while sharing tips and helping others enjoy family vacations. My wife and I love to travel, and now with three children we are trying to find more ways to create lasting memories! Just like Kenny I'm more interested in more quality trips instead of top-of-the-line luxury trips. Although luxury wouldn't hurt every now and then! :) Very excited to see this new forum, and also interested in the second tier level.

Thanks again.

Nucstorm

Level 2 Member
Hello everyone, I'm Nucstorm. I'm from Baltimore, MD. I just started to collect points/miles in February. I'm looking to learn new ways to MS and hopefully contribute whenever I can.

glader

Level 2 Member
Greetings everyone! I'm glader and based out of Tucson, AZ. (Go Wildcats!) I've been playing the miles and points game seriously for about 5 years and have had the opportunity to travel the world in premium cabins and upscale hotels, thanks to this amazing hobby. Have been more into MS'ing for about 2 years. I'm looking forward to learning and contributing to this forum. I love the ideas of these smaller forums to trade ideas in a smaller community setting. I am interested in the second tier level as well.

Camplear

Level 2 Member
Hey Matt. Someday you'll have to explain how you juggle all that's on your plate. I'd subscribe to that forum as well!

I've lived in PHX for 6 years and love the West -- probably here to stay. I enjoy the hobby & resource what I know - and hope this forum will be a good and sane outlet for MS fans. Good to see you in this house as well. Best of luck!