Introduce yourself here!

Rick

Level 2 Member
Hi! This is Rick. I live in CT and am something of a newbie, and something of an oldie. I went 20 years between credit cards till I started up in earnest 8 months ago. I stumbled onto this wonderful hoppy and have been learning as much as I can as fast as I can.

I guess I am a good risk for the banks as hey have allowed me to obtain 12 cards relatively quickly and with good lines. MS is my thing and I am building out my network to sustain it at higher levels in the year going forward.

I think it is great that Matt began this forum, and I look forward to providing whatever helpful input that I can.

talljames

Level 2 Member
Hi, my name is James currently living in Southern California just north of San Diego. Stumbled on this obsession I mean "hobby" through chance while researching CCs. Taken one RTW paid with points from MRs and a CC signup. Very bummed I missed the Charlotte meet. Had a DL "sale" fare that weekend.

MattJ

Level 2 Member
Hey Everyone! I am Matt and live in NC. Thanks for setting up the group, Matt! It was also great to meet everyone at the Charlotte DO event earlier this month.

Matt

nsmn4945

Level 2 Member
Greetings All! Nick here from the good ol' OC in California. Have been playing the game for a good two years now and have finally convinced the gf that all this crazy work indeed pays off after pampering her during our free trip to Japan. Will also be taking her to the World Cup in Brazil next month as well as the Maldives for New Years Eve 2014. It works people, it works!

Simon

Level 2 Member
Hi all - Simon from Irvine, CA. Been in the "game" for 11 years now. Was MS'ing pretty aggressively until a few months ago; now switching gears and focusing on MO's.

DaveB

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone! I'm in Cincinnati and got started in this game several years ago. Recently discovered Saverocity and I like the approach and philosophy, the forum is a great extension!
Also would like to know more about the second level and learning more from everyone.

fulthrust7

Level 2 Member
Hi crew. I am in Baltimore/DC area. Been a huge fan of MS and almost obsessive. I have a fair bit of knowledge and experience in MS and all the avenues that exist. Happy to join!

Nurse Traveler

Level 2 Member
Hello all. I'm Nurse Traveler (I'm a guy ;)). I'm based out of SEA. I haven't done anything too exciting but I travel domestically for work and I'm trying to make it all work for me. I MS a little but have found it to be a bit more challenging/time consuming in the SEA area. Looking forward to joining the conversation.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
Hi. I'm in Dallas, Texas and appreciate the feel/tone of Saverocity.

I've been playing for a while, made several mistakes and hope to avoid making more.

cocobird

Level 2 Member
Hi folks! I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area and have been traveling for over 35 years; however, I'm not (yet) an expert to the tricks of the trade.

Abhi

Level 2 Member
Hi everyone. I am Abhi. I am also from NJ. Been doing this for over 3 years now. Looking to learn and share

FlyingExplorer

Travel, Tastes, & Tennis
Hi everyone. I've been doing some sort of travel hacking for years, but embarked on the credit card angle only a year ago. Also, I'm based in Houston and I'd be game for meeting up with others locally. Matt, the non-indexed forum is a great idea.

joshlytle

Level 2 Member
Hi, my name is Josh and I'm from Seattle. I got into the game about 2 years ago. I think it has been a little more difficult up here in the northwest given that we don't have CVS and Walmart is not close by, so we've had to make due with what we have. It makes for an interesting MS environment. I look forward to being a part of this community!

ninjasurfer99

Level 2 Member
Hi all! My name is Leigh and I live just outside of Baltimore Maryland. I've been into frugal travel my whole life but had everything turned upside down last October when learning about the miles and points game. Looking forward to spending some time on the forum and getting to know everyone better! Cheers!

Radar

Level 2 Member
Hey all, been involved with the game for close to 2 years. In St Louis and would love to interact with someone local. Thanks for the forum matt. Would definitely be interested in the second level discussions.

Dan

Level 2 Member
Hi there! My name is Dan and I'm an mileaholic. It's been 5 hours since I last earned miles :) Located in upstate NY, I've been doing the miles game for less than 2 years, but have enjoyed many a vacations for free or discounted cost due to the miles earned. Looking forward to learning and sharing wtih the saverocity community and possibly meeting up with any local miles players in the area...

DoctorK

Level 2 Member
Hey everyone, DoctorK here. I've been in the game for awhile, but shied away from posting on other forums. Looking forward to contributing here!

Take me to that second level Matt!

TrojanFan

Level 2 Member
This was a nice little surprise to wake up to in my inbox this morning. I see big things in store for this forum. By way of introduction, my name is Scott and I'm in the Los Angeles / Orange County area. I couldn't make the Charlotte DO but hope to meet many of you at future meet-ups. Matt, I think a second level forum is a great idea and I would be very interested in being an active participant (if you would have me, of course!).

Grado

Level 2 Member
Hi Matt and everyone. I'm Grado from Bakersfield, California. It would be cool if there were a way to search folks from your home town on this site rather than going through them one by one. Is there? It would be so nice to have local meet ups with other addicts, er, hobbyists. I like your rules...no juveniles..mature sharing for benefit of all on the forum. I hope you will be able to delete those that might sneak in at the bottom of the pyramid.

Tia

Level 2 Member
Hi! I'm Tia from the Boston area....I'm a lightweight when it comes to this hobby. But I have a fear of flying and flying business/first helps to make me forget about that (with all the free booze and all) so I'm a points hoarder. Which is much more lucrative than what my husband hoards (A/V and computer cords and cables). Man, if I had a UR point for every female to male adapter cable I had lying around.....

harvson3

Level 2 Member
I'm harvson3. My real name is easily found online, if you're into that. I live in western NY, and I teach a social science discipline at a moderately prestigious university. I've lived in Brazil and Argentina. I'm conflicted as to whether I should continue to travel by plane, given the environmental implications. I'm generally a wet blanket. My wife and I now have a baby boy, so my posting may be light.

I have never been to Wales.

Miles Mademoiselle

Level 2 Member
Hello! I'm delighted to have joined The Forum at Saverocity. Points and miles are a hobby -- scratch that -- an obsession, as is MS. I've never been very vocal on FT because of the negativity folks seem to find with perceived anonymity. My goals here are to further enhance my financial prowess and earn points and miles along the way to support my travel addiction. I'm SFO-based, so any folks in the area interested in exchanging MS techniques -- I'm all ears.

Meiy

Level 2 Member
Hi my name is Meiy and I live in SoCal. My work requires me travel around the world and I am not new to the miles/points game. Thanks Matt for setting this up and can't wait to exchange ideas here.

Katstarr

Level 2 Member
Hi. I'm Kathy (Katstarr on MP and FT) from New York City. I have a little blog called Will Run For Miles. I work full time and in my spare time, I run a little (ok, 104 marathons and counting), drink, shop, blog, travel, eat, and collect points and miles when I can find the time...

Mikec171

Level 2 Member
Premium Supporter
Hi everyone, I'm Mike - I live in the DC area and have been in and out of the Manufactured Spend scene for the past 10 years are so. I was in for the US Mint times then out for several years and back in full steam the two years or so. My main focus areas are MS without WalMart and preferably from the computer at home. For those in the DC area, we know that getting to a WalMart is often times not the best use of time and kills the time/value equation. Time to go old school with some non Bluebird approaches.

Marshallonmoney

Level 2 Member
Hello I'm Marshall from Jacksonville, home of the mighty Jaguars (well, not so much now, BUT wait till next year!). Been doing MS for 2&1/2 years.
Was at the Charlotte DO and learned so much I have brain freeze trying to get it all done. I have added FOUR new ways to MS that I learned at the DO!
Mainly: "5x is ALWAYS better than 1X" and you can buy a used Soviet tank with GCs. Who knew? Looking forward to upping my game.
Am on the Travel Codex forum doing the same and would love to get to the second level!

AndrewP

Hi, I'm Andrew. I'm in St. Louis, MO and have been playing this CC/Pts game for almost 2 years, mainly with the purpose of luxury traveling for our honeymoon. I'm addicted now, and I'm just getting into MS. Have been enjoying Saverocity's posts and newsletter for about a year and love the concept of this new forum to share ideas.

@Matt I'd love to learn more about Level 2.

Katstarr

Level 2 Member
104 marathons? I thought you're only supposed to do two a year or something?
I do about 8- 12 marathons per year. The record was 2 in 2 days and 17 in one year. I completed running at least one marathon in each of the 50 states 2 years ago. I'm stupidly slow.