Introduce yourself here!

Rob G

Level 2 Member
Hi I'm Rob from Orange County, CA (originally from northern NJ). I've been in the credit cards rewards game for a little over 2 years. The majority of my credit card spend I used to may legitimate bills (car, mortgage, rental prop mortgage, and anything else I can). After 2 years I'm sick of seeing the same information regurgitated on every blog and am looking forward to learning and sharing what I can, in a private forum, with what appears to be a much more sophisticated audience. I'm looking forward to it!

JBL

Hi, I am James from Texas and I got into this game few years ago and loving it.
I enjoy the creative challenges of this game and amazing travel opportunities.
I am looking forward to learning and sharing new ideas with "like-minded fellow gamers" !

pc1908

Hi. I'm Nikki from California and am relatively new to the rewards game. I've done a ton of reading and researching and have much more to do. Glad to be here!

APrime

Level 2 Member
Heyo folks, I'm Aaron. I'm out of the Midwest US and have been playing around with the credit card game for about a year now. I took my first RTW trip last year and have just booked my second for later this year.

Looking forward to talking shop with you folks :)

ssimonvii

Hi All,
I'm Steve from Los Angeles. I love life hacking and don't know what the heck I was doing accumulating all these points on my Amazon rewards card all these years!!! I've been in the points game for a little while and am looking forward to learning a bit. Thanks in advance.

falconbeach

Level 2 Member
Hi I'm Andrew from Philadelphia. I'm a grad student and I find it to be a great hobby! Really love hearing about the great experiences that people share.

ArtVandelay

Hi,

My name is Art from Los Angeles. I am a 8 year veteran of "the game" and after a few dormant years have decided to get back into the swing of things. I do most of my flying out of LAX and occasionally Burbank for quick west coast jaunts. My expertise is travel destinations (ive been to almost 100 countries), hostels/guesthouses/airbnb, American Airlines, Southwest, SPG, Hilton Uber, and im really looking forward to upping my MS game.

Thats it for now. Looking forward to exploring the forums and offering what I can.

Cheers!

Art

Billiken

Level 2 Member
Hello everyone:

Billiken here (grad of St. Louis University).
Like most travelers, I started on FlyerTalk. In my case in 2002.

I am a 1K and million miler with UA, Hilton Diamond, SPG and Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, and Hertz 5*.

I live in CLE.

I have been in the "game" now for three years.

Cheers,
Billiken

Jacob

Level 2 Member
Hello Group. I am Jacob living in Denver CO. I'm looking forward to getting into this circle of trust. I have read many of the mainstream blogs/emails for about a year. I've picked up a whole lot -- that is lots of tips, knowledge, and of course points.

By now, I've gotten a sense of how to tell the difference between wheat and chaff. I've come to the conclusion I do not want to engage in reselling. I'm focused on MS. To be honest my travel plans are vanilla. I'm not looking for around-the-world scale travel. My destinations are all US based in order to see our kids. That's why I need literally "All the points I can get."

I look forward to a more informed, disciplined, fact-based discussion that exchanges tips that I can take action on.

Thanks for considering my "application" to come on in.

notwealthy

Level 2 Member
Hey all,

Sam here, from NorCal. Long-time lurker of FT and /churning, but I've only actually been in the game for about a year. My favorite offers so far have been the AA Plat gravy train and the Southwest CP.
Just got back from a 2-week trip on miles to HKG and it was a blast!

Looking forward to chatting with you all, and pushing my game to the "next level" :)

Racerboy80

Level 2 Member
Hello All,

My name is Bill, and I'm from the Denver, CO area. Been playing the points/miles game for almost two years now. I follow several blogs on the topic of course. Looking forward to contributing, and learning here.

Cheers!

Mark Pepper

Hi, I'm Mark from Florida...formerly from Washington, DC. I found my way to this site after spending quite a bit of time reading the various points related blogs, and grew tired of the constant credit card "pumping" that was taking place. In the end, I tend to learn more from reading the subscriber comments, which often are of higher value than the blogger.

the_kid_55

Level 2 Member
Hey gang, I'm Wayne from Nashville, TN. I've been in the points game for almost year. I had two award trips last year and one (so far) scheduled for later this year.

Jh1990

Hi, I'm Hector from Roseville, CA and I've just started MS. Wrong time to start! I had just received my BB when the shutdowns started and now Safeway stores don't sell variable VGC. I'm going to Simon Malls and buying VGCs there and buying MOs at Quik Stop. I have also used Kiva Loans. I hope to learn more ways to MS.

Risk

Level 2 Member
Hi,

I am Risk from the Washington, D.C. area (no pun intended). I am new to the miles and points travel, and fascinated and intimidated by the process. I learned a few things on my own. I'd like to learn more and become more effective.

HSK

Level 2 Member
hello hello! Name is Hannah from Cali. Hoping to learn as well as share here! Thanks for having us Matt!

Rckcmp

Level 2 Member
Hi! I am Rick from Cleveland, OH. I love to travel and am going to be doing a decent amount of travel regionally for work. I have been into this hobby since 2013. I used to do it for mostly domestic travel but am going on my first major RTW trip in F in a month! Thanks for the forum!

Amy

Hi folks. My name is Amy. I am from North Carolina. I am the mother of two, teach high school and have a small angus cattle farm. Churning credit cards and traveling with points is still fairly new to me. I have been collecting points and traveling for about 2 years now. Reading and learning from others about this new hobby has become very time consuming for me. I'm excited about joining this forum and having a new group to learn from!! Thanks for the opportunity!!

newtoca

Level 2 Member
Howdie folks, I have been in this hobby for a little over a year now and boy am I glad to have found this hobby, I am cancer data scientist by the day and this hobby for some reason just appeals to me so much. I spend far too much time on /churning, MS thread on FT and start my day with a good 'ole dose of pointsbuzz.com.

I am still mad that I could not take advantage of Amex plat 100,000 MR bonus. I think I know decent amount about MS avenues, Credit cards.

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
I'm Ira. Live in tiny condo in Hershey spending at least half the year on the road. Pretty new to Points/Miles but it's sort of fun. Just getting my bearings. Never had so many credit cards before!

AnyNameYouWish

Level 2 Member
Hi I'm Deb. I've done extreme couponing and reselling for several years, so I see this as another level of that game. I do feel like I'm a little late to the party but I plan to make the most of it.

AnyNameYouWish

Level 2 Member
I buy large amounts of items for free or very cheap using coupons. That has slowed down and gotten harder to do the last few years. I blame the TV show. It will bounce back eventually. An example of that is I have about 200 boxes of tissues in my garage right now. When I can get something free or cheap that either my family can use, or I can sell, I buy as much as possible. Luckily I have a lot of storage.

The idea is that if you buy stuff when it is cheap, you will save money. If you wait until you need something, you will likely pay too much for it. It's not possible to do that with all purchases, but doing it as much as possible has saved us a lot of money, and time.

March is frozen food month, so I'm getting ready for those sales. I bought a second chest freezer two years ago because the grocery deal was so good.

Reselling is buying stuff cheap and selling it for profit. I use to have epic yard sales, but I've resold online for about 7 years now.

My head spins wondering how many points or miles I would have if I had been aware of all this travel stuff years ago.

pwd847

Level 2 Member
Hello. I am Paul and I brought my FICO from low 500's to about 750 in a year by aggressively repairing my credit. Now I have about 13 CC's that I have never paid a penny of interest on. I have been M$ing for about a year, and just jumped into reselling. The reselling part isn't going to well as of yet. Oh yeah I am located in Chicago.

Oceanblue

Hi everyone! I am Bobby from southern Maryland. Relatively new to the game and have hit a lot of roadblocks in this area with my MS adventures, including my recent Serve shutdown. Hope to learn from you guys and contribute to this forum as much as I can.

OK216

Int'l Disney Park Visitor & WrestleMania Traveler
Hi there!

I'm from Orlando and, naturally, I love Disney Parks. My SO and I are in the second year of three years using points and miles to visit all the Disney Theme Parks worldwide! Visited Tokyo last year, have Paris coming up later this year (plus London/Cardiff because [1] why not? and [2] we're big Harry Potter and Doctor Who fans), and we plan on a Shanghai/Hong Kong combo trip next year (with maybe a dose of Tokyo thrown in because Tokyo Disney is incredible).

Between the international Disney trips and my annual WrestleMania trek, we pretty much exhaust all her vacation time, but it's always nice to have some extra points banked just in case. I've always wanted to get into reselling, but it just seemed too daunting to master. Maybe one of these days I'll do that. Used to MS small-time with low-hanging fruit, but haven't really done much since the death of Redbird. (I have a Serve that I've loaded exactly once - just can't stand Walmart. lol)

I hope to contribute to the forum as much as I get from it, so hopefully my Disney/WWE knowledge will come in handy for someone. :)

Alin

Hello from the Pacific Northwest!

I live in Seattle and work for one of the big tech companies out here. Originally I'm from Romania, but I've been living, studying and working in the States for over 12 years now. Thanks to my credit activities while a college student, I was able to own my own condo after graduation. I travel often to Europe and generally outside of the US and I like to monitor airfare prices and deals. I have a big travel bucket list (still big because my time off is limited and I have to visit my family back in Romania every year), Asia being generally my next destination for a vacation trip.

My introduction to MS came 2 years ago when a friend of mine was telling me about the vanilla GCs that quickly got shut down. I started out with a Serve card, then when Redbird came along I jumped on that (picked up a card on an out-of-state skiing trip since I didn't find one in my area) and helped my friend get one too, and now I'm back to my first love, Serve :) I mix my loads with shopping, bill pays and ATMs at everyone's favorite store...

Ever since I learnt my lesson about buying AMEX GC's, I've been constantly analyzing new strategies for MS. When you're willing to think about and perform tasks that most other people aren't willing to put up with, you don't have to worry about some cards getting shut down ;)

DavidNJ

Level 2 Member
Greetings from the Jersey Shore! I'm David and the Wife & I have been in this hobby since October, 2013. We now vacation every three months in addition to weekend get-a-ways. I love this hobby!

montmorency

Level 2 Member
hello all,
I am glad I found my way here!
My real hobby is traveling, and this hobby helps support my real hobby :)
I spend quite some time on FT and subscribe to major travel/points/miles blogs. Hope to make it to the next TravelCon.
I currently live in Midwest and work in a medical field. But, as I said, my real passion is travel and the means of enabling it.

sonudel

Hey All. Happy to be part of the forum. I have been in this hobby for over 3 years now. Nothing much but have some good resources at my disposal as well as I browse a lot of forums so I hope I can be a part of this one as well. Get some and give some is my idea of being a part of any community.
Cheers