Intra-China. Any good use of miles?

italdesign

Level 2 Member
According to this 5 year old thread, redemption options basically sucked at the time. However, a lot could have changed in 5 years. Any good value redemption now?

The way I see it, oneworld miles are useless since they have no airline that flies intra-China. *A has Air China (whose website is 2 decades out of date). SkyTeam has a few Chinese airlines. And there are other Chinese airlines outside of any alliance.

Maybe ANA's distance based chart?

Any good use of miles?

niehlin2

Level 2 Member
China Eastern Airline and China Southern Airlines are Skyteam members. Air China is a Star Alliance member. I never used my miles to book with these airlines. But I had been able to book with some super cheap airfares on ctrip.com and other Chinese websites many times. One-way ticket is normally half price of round trip ticket so it works out great for people needing to fly to multiple cities.

DL172

Level 2 Member
Honestly, its quite cheap to book flights in China (especially when using Ctrip), don't trust any American based website. Price gouging towards foreigners is unfortunately quite common.

I don't think there is any justification for using miles, but if you really are pressed to use mileage look at using delta. I know China used to have its own award pricing based on distance. Unfortunately, Delta decided its award chart was taking up too much space on its website, so we can not longer see it.