I'm moving to Krakow Poland

zeitgeist

Level 2 Member
Hey all -

I just received a job offer in Krakow Poland so I'll be moving there soon. I am wondering if anyone here is from Poland or has lived there and can offer me advice? Mainly I need to be looking for a place to stay and such.

Wonder what the MS opportunities are? I know they have those anon polish debit cards..

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
I can't help with the MSing question, but I can say you will enjoy your weekend getaways. We loved the Tatra Mountains, especially the Slovak side.

Chasing The Points

Administrator
Staff member
I'm curious ,Zeit. What job are you picking up there? I've seen many Polish people come to US but not the other way around !!!
That's what I've read in the WSJ as well. Huge exodus of highly educated young people leaving the country and it's putting a crimp on economic expansion

zeitgeist

Level 2 Member
I'm curious ,Zeit. What job are you picking up there? I've seen many Polish people come to US but not the other way around !!!
It's in Information Systems. It's not the most glorious of jobs but I'm young and I won't have this opportunity to live abroad in five, ten years from now...

It pays less than my job in the states (by a lot) so I'll be living on savings and such... but the experience will be worth it (i hope).

Maybe they'll be good MS opportunities? :)

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
You may find that you won't be living on savings, but be able to save. My son and his wife got jobs in S Korea, teaching English. They didn't make a lot, but the cost of everything, from housing to food to transportation, in their small city, was so low in comparison to their incomes, that they were able to both pay down their student loans and save for future needs.

Since their next posting abroad was working for the Peace Corps, it really came in handy!