IHGs Accelerate Promotion

AlaskanTraveler

Level 2 Member
Registered for this promo today. Alot of the blogs are advertising two free nights for new members. Looking at my offers looks like I can score 39,800 points for just a single night stay? Anyone see this differently, sounds a little too good to be true. Do you have to complete the offers in order? Can one booking complete multiple challenges? Planning a trip to Playa del Carmen when I can score a bonus points room for $75. This should do it right?

My Offers
Points Value Offer Description Status
1,000 Stay Once Get 1,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 1,000 bonus points.

Terms BOOK NOW

10,200 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,200 bonus points.

Terms BOOK NOW
3,000 Earn More, Faster
Earn 3,000 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

Terms BOOK NOW
2,300 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

Terms BOOK NOW
33,500 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of 4 offers and earn (an additional) 33,500 bonus points.

Terms

TheBOSman

Staff member
Registered for this promo today. Alot of the blogs are advertising two free nights for new members. Looking at my offers looks like I can score 39,800 points for just a single night stay? Anyone see this differently, sounds a little too good to be true.
Yes.

Do you have to complete the offers in order?
No.

Can one booking complete multiple challenges?
Yes.

Planning a trip to Playa del Carmen when I can score a bonus points room for $75. This should do it right?
Yes, as long as you pay with your IHG card.

Enjoy another generous IHG promo :).

AlaskanTraveler

Level 2 Member
Thanks for the quick reply, BOSman. Already have my fully refundable night booked. Going to do the same with my wife's account. Havent ever taken advantage of a IHG promo yet, but 40k points after a single night stay for $75 is hard to beat! Next question, if i sign my parents up for the first time, can I stay in the booked room instead of them?

Patrickthetiger

Level 2 Member
If you're looking for a cheap mattress run, check out the Candlewood Suites in Hoover, AL.
Code:
http://www.ihg.com/candlewood/hotels/us/en/birmingham/bhmcr/hoteldetail
I live about 10 miles away and used this property for a mattress run to earn two free nights during the Into The Night promo last December. I think I had to stay three nights over three stays? Anyways, I checked in for the first stay in person... but then couldn't get away for work for check in for the other two over the next couple of days. I booked all three stays on the pre-paid rate. All three stays posted as stays for my IHG account and counted for the promo. YMMV, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for an out-of-town MSer, as well.

They've got nights for right around $58, tax included. As cheap as I've been able to find anywhere...

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Thanks for the quick reply, BOSman. Already have my fully refundable night booked. Going to do the same with my wife's account. Havent ever taken advantage of a IHG promo yet, but 40k points after a single night stay for $75 is hard to beat! Next question, if i sign my parents up for the first time, can I stay in the booked room instead of them?
Technically they can give you grief. Personally I've found that if make the booking for 2, you add yourself as an additional guest ON the reservation (you can do this on the booking screen) and it's your credit card on the reservation they won't give you a hard time. I suspect YMMV in certain circumstances, but I personally haven't had an issue with this.

CCTWW3

Level 2 Member
I've earned the majority of my IHG points through these promos, so I was surprised to receive a pretty decent one this time:
  • 5,000 Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points
  • 10,200 Stay 5 nights and earn 10,200 bonus points
  • 3,000 Book 1 Bonus Points package and earn 3,000 points
  • 2,300 Book and pay for one stay with IHG Rewards credit card
  • 29,500 Complete 3 of 4 offers and earn 29,500 points
There is a cheap airport Candlewood Suites by me with a Saturday stay bonus package for ~$81 a night. I'll happily pay $81+ for ~40,000 points!

Badassity

Level 2 Member
Wow... I think I need to change my address. Or create a new account.
My offer is:
  • 5,000 Stay once in September and earn 5,000 bonus points
  • 5,000 Stay Once Get 5,000
  • 6,800 Stay 5 Nights and earn 6,800 bonus points
  • 3,000 Get an additional 3,000 points after night 8
  • 3,000 Get an additional 3,000 points after night 11
  • 3,000 Get an additional 3,000 points after night 14
  • 3,000 Get an additional 3,000 points after night 17
  • 30,000 Get an additional 30,000 points after night 20
So, 10,000 for one night (I'll maybe do that one). Or 21,800 for a five night stay (for sure could be worse, I guess). Or... ROTFL... 58,800 points for 20 nights!

Sorry sack Canadian. Ecchin schmecchin....

Badassity

Level 2 Member
Damn! I created a new account with a US address.

I got the 2 free nights offer with a brand new account:
- Stay twice and get a Free Night
- Stay twice more and get an additional Free Night

I did this incognito. Maybe it still bounces back to Canada.

I'm going to try again and figure out how to allocate some IHG points to this new account before I register for the offer. I'll post back results, since I'm sure you're all wondering how to beat the Great North disadvantage;).

Edit: It seems consensus (travelisfree etc) is this is a great deal and I did not mess up incognito. I have a work trip coming up where I guess I could stagger the five nights across two hotels and earn the two free nights. And the Free Nights must be redeemed as late as 31 December 2016... could be way worse.

I read about a stay 2 nights get a free night rather than the stay twice.... anybody get that?

Last edited:

Barefootwoman

Level 2 Member
I'm in the US and got the same offer:

• 5,000 Stay once in September and earn 5,000 bonus points
  • 5,000 Stay Once Get 5,000
  • 6,800 Stay 5 Nights and earn 6,800 bonus points
  • 3,000 Get an additional 3,000 points after night 8
  • 3,000 Get an additional 3,000 points after night 11
  • 3,000 Get an additional 3,000 points after night 14
  • 3,000 Get an additional 3,000 points after night 17
  • 30,000 Get an additional 30,000 points after night 20
Here's a newb question - are the first two bonuses, stackable? i.e. I stay once in September and get both? or am I dreaming? I see you have to click on one or the other, maybe I could call them.

Barefootwoman

Level 2 Member
Apparently, the IHG site noted that I logged in and reviewed the offer, but did not make it a booking. Today I received an email doubling the offer, 10K points for a one night stay. I guess hesitating can be good sometimes.

Badassity

Level 2 Member
Apparently, the IHG site noted that I logged in and reviewed the offer, but did not make it a booking. Today I received an email doubling the offer, 10K points for a one night stay. I guess hesitating can be good sometimes.
Good to know. I'll give that a try.

Also to your question, they absolutely are stackable.

bgh10788

Level 2 Member
I'm in the USA, platinum member with IHG CC.

5,000 - Stay once
6,800 - Stay 5 Nights
4,000 - Stay one weekend
2,000 - Book bonus points package
5,600 - Stay 4 times using corporate rate
1,500 - Stay once on IHG CC

25,100 - Complete 5/6
50,000 - Complete all

Not as bad as the previous one in my opinion but I only have award stays coming up so I probably won't go for it.