IHG Priceless Surprises promotion

Suzie

Level 2 Member
My husband's 94 entries finally posted today. I am still waiting for 10.

EDIT: Mine just posted.

All 94 finally posted for both of us.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
I got the same, crediting me with 83.

But NO LINK. Dummies.

I wrote back saying that I appreciated their work, but without the link to play, it wasn't all that helpful.

Got the "we need your number" response.

As I was getting my hair done, hard to come up with it at that moment...

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
I got a response that I only had 46 entries. No way did the post office lose 36 envelopes. What's the complaint process? I'm not letting that slide.

Umashankar

Level 2 Member
https://www.helloworld.com/contact

Contacted IHG using above link and I explaniend that I haven't got any email about this program where I posted all 94 cards on Jan 25, A week later they responded me with a unique link which I was able to play all 94 entries, got 57,000 points which was posted in two weeks after I completed the game.

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
I think all the entries have to be played by March 15 (according to the Ts and Cs). If you don't have your entries, work it hard to get HelloWorld to fulfill them.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
I think all the entries have to be played by March 15 (according to the Ts and Cs). If you don't have your entries, work it hard to get HelloWorld to fulfill them.
Exactly. I sent the IHG number today, politely reminding them that I had fulfilled my obligations under the promotion, and I need them to do the same, as the time limits are fast approaching.

Annoyed? ME?

NEPIC

Level 2 Member
I initially only had 54 entries post, sent in the email asking to investigate and got the response back as in post #124 that that was all the entries they had for me. So I responded and stated that given I submitted all 94 entries but they had somehow not been processed, could they credit the missing entries as a courtesy? Just got the email saying HW would give me the remaining 40 entries.

Renee

N0rthernbelle
Nepic and MickiSue - i love your approach - asking them to fulfill them as a courtesy, because they can blame it on the dog, the postal service, handwriting and anything else under the sun.
I wonder about the plays that resulted in the Eiffel Tower image and "you didn't win this time message". I heard those were a glitch, but I wonder if they count as plays?

SOC 787

Flight Club
Just got all my entries. Had to email twice and push it, but they processed them all.
what exactly did you say, and do you have a direct email address for em? I've been going thru the contact us option under the FAQ on the gameplay page.

this is really annoying and I'm not gonna let it slide. like someone said upthread theres no way USPS lost soo many entries which were sent at the exact same time, same day and from the same postbox.

Alice

Level 2 Member
Success! - They emailed back again today to say they were processing the max number of entries. I played the 23, got 3 non-winners and the rest 500s, so netted the extra 10K points from the email follow-up. This is what I expected given that my spouse had already had the 5 x non-500 prizes in the earlier entries. I think we both ended up with 53K points each. Now to decide what to use them for!

I got the same email today in relation to my spouse, who is missing 23 entries. I was missing 7 and they credited those after I emailed them. I wrote back again and complained that it was highly unlikely 23 emails had been lost in the mail and that all were filled out the same way. They wrote back asking for my spouse's IHG number. Hopefully they're going to look again for the missing entries!

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
I am beyond frustrated. I've twice gotten confirmation that my entries were received, and I've yet to receive the link for the plays.

I wrote again today, and have received no reply--not even an auto-reply.

Risk

Level 2 Member
I have not received ANY games. A few days ago, I received a request for my IHG number which I promptly submitted. On the 9th and 10th I sent them reminder emails. Today, I contracted them via the web site. I don't expect to get a response over the weekend and then there are only two days left before the game is over.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
I have not received ANY games. A few days ago, I received a request for my IHG number which I promptly submitted. On the 9th and 10th I sent them reminder emails. Today, I contracted them via the web site. I don't expect to get a response over the weekend and then there are only two days left before the game is over.
I know. WTH?

MK17

Love to Travel
Success! I guess after badgering HelloWorld enough times (3 times), they had enough with me. Got the last 29 emails (15,000 points). Thanks to all here who encouraged me to keep trying to get them to pay up.

Suzie

Level 2 Member
Success! I guess after badgering HelloWorld enough times (3 times), they had enough with me. Got the last 29 emails (15,000 points). Thanks to all here who encouraged me to keep trying to get them to pay up.

Congrats!

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
I sent HW another email on Thursday right before midnight asking for the 36 entries I didn't recieve a play for. I received 48 entries today. So, they gave me a total of 94 entries even though I submitted less. Maybe they got sick of opening/looking for envelopes!
Each was a 500 pt winner so I won 57,000 pts in total.
500 x 88
1,000 x 3
2,000 x 1
5,000 x 2

Last edited:

Risk

Level 2 Member
Yesterday ... IHG seemed so far away!
But today I've got a link to play,
After more contacts yesterday

In addition to repeated email in follow-up to Hello World's initial response, yesterday, I made a new contact on their web site.

Code:
https://www.helloworld.com/contact
Today I received an email summarizing my status as 94 entries and providing a single link. I played the link 94 times, and when I tried one more time received a message that the game was over.

Important: Hello World has responded even though it's Saturday.

Thank you to everybody for sharing helpful tips and providing encouragement.

Good luck to everybody still waiting for the links to games.

Last edited:

Panache

Level 2 Member
I too was missing 9 entries and emailed again after I got the email I posted above, and today got the emails for the remaining 9. All 500 points though.

Risk

Level 2 Member
Congratulations!

Idea for those still waiting:
Now that I got to play the game, I am wondering if those who have received some entries but not all could play old links again until they reach 94. It seems that the software does the countdown of the total number of eligible games but not the links you click to play.

MarkD

Level 2 Member
I e-mailed and waited, and waited - then they wanted my IHG # and I waited, and waited. E-mailed again and again and waited, and waited and FINALLY received my link after about two weeks.

A few days later as I'm halfway through redeeming my 94 clicks they e-mailed this morning asking for my IHG # again. Maybe they'll give me another 94? :confused:

What's really surprising is that I've heard no complaints about points NOT posting to IHG accounts. With IHG's previous tech issues I find this amazing.

Renee

N0rthernbelle
it's not too late! After reading about other posters saying they asked hello world to "honor" the entries, even if they didn't "receive them", I gave it a try and emailed HW 3 days ago (asking them to honor the missing entries or send me the missing plays as a courtesy). I received my remaining/outstanding plays today.

That is to say, if you email them today, there is still a chance you'll get your plays before or on the 15th.
good luck!

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Me, too! Me, too!

Finally got the link, along with thanks for being patient while they "diligently" went through my request. :rolleyes:

Just finished playing all 94, and the results were 2 1000's, 1 2000, and 2 5000, all the rest 500 for a total of: 44, 500 + 14000 = 58,500.

I won't blame IHG for this; it was the promo company that they hired that did it all. And, really? I put all 94 entries, 5 per envelope, in $10 worth of envelopes. (Really old envelopes, long ago deducted for my business.) So the possibility of a couple nights at mid level IHG properties isn't too bad!

Suzie

Level 2 Member
@MickiSue haha! Good for you!

I used old pink and green 3 x 5 cards - couldn't find anything that said they had to be white!

Wish I would have done the multiple entries per envelope idea!

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
I want to tell everyone congratulations for getting the points, in spite of no one spoon feeding me or letting me know that I didn't need to have an IHG CC to pay the game. :p

#somepeopleareslowlearnersespeciallywhentheirnamehas"getting"init.

SOC 787

Flight Club
in the words of borat: great success!

I know that HelloWorld folks work over the weekend (from prev interactions) but was still a bit antsy about their whole '3 business day' response time and possibly missing the Mar 15th deadline.

I emailed em on the 10th, didnt get a canned 'response' or any reply at all. BUT got a flood of all my remaining/missing entries today as email alerts! since I have notifications on, my phone was blowing up :D gotta say, kinda love that feeling :cool:

Last edited:

kodiak jack

Level 2 Member
Nepic and MickiSue - i love your approach - asking them to fulfill them as a courtesy, because they can blame it on the dog, the postal service, handwriting and anything else under the sun.
I wonder about the plays that resulted in the Eiffel Tower image and "you didn't win this time message". I heard those were a glitch, but I wonder if they count as plays?
In my experience, when i got these i received no point for that play specifically, BUT i was awarded another free play. For example, if i received 30 emails and i played 30 times and got the Eiffel Tower 4 times, then the system allowed me 4 more plays (total of 34) before it shut me down saying i was out of tries.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Well, I'm really annoyed, now. Just tried to check in to see if the points had posted--they hadn't, the last time I checked, and received a message that my account was "temporarily suspended." Called, was told I had a duplicate account, which was closed.

She investigated, merged accounts, and told me, happily, that I had 24, 199 points. Which made ME very unhappy.

Apparently, I opened an account before. in 1999. Here's a quick question: what was your email address in 1999? Who was the ISP? Which hotel loyalty programs did you belong to? Yeah, I have no idea, either.

There will be an investigation, I have a case number, and the person I spoke to said that it would be her contacting me in 2-3 business days.

I'm really glad that I posted the detail of the entries I got, because I could tell her the date and the specifics of the points I won, along with the total.

We'll see.

MarkD

Level 2 Member
My wife's account had 3500 points from the Priceless Surprises post to her account and then....nothing. She won 51,500 points total. I've given it a couple of weeks but I guess I'm going to have to follow up.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Good luck, MarkD.

I just got off a harrowing 2 hour call. The CSR who was supposed to call me back, of course, did not.

THIS CSR, after long hold, offered me 10K points. I asked to speak to her supervisor. The supervisor repeated the offer, and could not understand (Southeast Asia, perhaps?) when I tried to explain that it was IHG's closing the account that led to the points disappearing, so they should replace them.

Asked to speak to her manager. She told me that I'd get the same answer. I played the broken record, "May I speak to your manager, please." Blah blah blah. "May I speak to your manager, please." I finally said, "I really am not asking for your opinion on what will happen. May I speak to your manager, please."

Another LOOOONNNNGGG wait. 20 minutes with the manager, and got the 47K, the minimum if I'd gotten 500 from each entry. As there is no blood in turnips, I accepted.

Holy crap, Batman!