IHG Priceless Surprises promotion

Barefootwoman

Level 2 Member
Did anyone here participate in this one? (sending in the 3x5 cards)

Did it work out well for you or was it a bust? thanks

swazzie

Level 2 Member
I mailed my 94 entries in mid-December; I'll be glad to get a response by the end of the month so I don't consider it a bust. Did you enter?

jlang

Level 2 Member
Mailed in 2x 94 cards the first week of December (me and wife). Nothing yet, but based on the lag reported (which probably will grow) I'm not expecting anything for a few more weeks.

FWIW I've heard that the emails go out on Wednesdays. So maybe tomorrow if I am lucky!

aresay

Level 2 Member
Mailed in 10 the first week and received entries for all (all 500 points, except one 1000). Mailed in a bunch more after, but am still waiting.

Barefootwoman

Level 2 Member
I just dropped about 30 in the mail, it occurred to me to ask before finishing - sometimes these promotions are a bust lol.

Rick

Level 2 Member
I fed out mailings mid November - about 10/day till completed. I've gotten about 30 responses and won 500 points on each, along with a 5000, 2000, and a couple of 1000s. The first winnings have already credited - 13,000 points.

swazzie

Level 2 Member
Also remember to actually register for the promotion if you haven't already:
Code:
https://pricelesssurprises.ihg.com/

henrygeorge

Level 2 Member
I dropped 40 something in the mail today. Another batch going in tomorrow. I'd written the note cards on my flight home for Christmas. Was lazy to print the envelopes. I don't think I would have participated if I had to invest several more hours in hand writing envelopes.

zeppoloveskafka

Level 2 Member
Good timing. Just got 70 e-mails. I think I'll get my trained monkey to open them. It took about 5 weeks or so I'd estimate, maybe 6.

bjk497

Level 2 Member
Anyone see how to use the free night from this promo? In my account it shows that I received a free night, but there is no code or any clear way to redeem it.
upload_2016-1-17_16-12-18.png

singerbabe

Level 2 Member
Did 94 for my husband's account while recovering from surgery...sent them all at once about 3 weeks ago. Working on the 94 for my own account now! My biggest concern is that IHG will change the terms mid-stream.

treetopunknown

Level 2 Member
People are still getting their e-mails with their points. I don't think IHG expected that people would actually take the time to do this.

spamman808

Level 2 Member
I did 94 cards back in the first week of the promotion, so far I've received a grand total of 4 emails. I hope I didn't waste my time...

swazzie

Level 2 Member
I got 57 emails yesterday so I'll play shortly...

I did 94 cards back in the first week of the promotion, so far I've received a grand total of 4 emails. I hope I didn't waste my time...
Have you seen if you could play the game more than once thru the link in the email? Some folks have been able to do this.

zeppoloveskafka

Level 2 Member
From my personal experiences it seems that the number of e-mails you receive matches the number of times you can play, but you don't have to keep opening up a new e-mail...you can use the same link over and over. So that seems like a good strategy. Mine were all sent at the same time and have come in batches of 70,5,1.

spamman808

Level 2 Member
I got 57 emails yesterday so I'll play shortly...

Have you seen if you could play the game more than once thru the link in the email? Some folks have been able to do this.
Thanks for the tip. I tried going back in to replay the emails, but when I click on the elevator buttons, I get a black screen. Might have waited too long. Thanks anyway though!

agrippa472

Level 2 Member
65 entries received. All 500 except for 1x 2000 and 2x 1000. Total of 35,000 points.
Not too shabby. My wife hasn't received any though...not sure it if it has something to do with her account not existing before the promotion started?

Jessica

Level 2 Member
I have a quick question. My maiden name is still listed on my IHG account so I wrote the index cards with my maiden name so it matched my account information (instead of calling to change my account information because I was feeling too lazy). Anyways, I have already written all 94 cards and it just dawned on me that the MC I used has my current last name. I really hate to re-write everything. Does anybody know if this will cause problems?

falconbeach

Level 2 Member
For those that haven't seen the loophole travel post.

http://loopholetravel.com/2016/01/20/ihg-priceless-surprises-entries-time-saving-tips/

They used a more automated method that registered them the full 94 entries. It included printing out shipping labels, easy seal envelopes as well as scanning and printing written 5 different copies of 3x5's. Morally ambiguous on the scanning part but should save a lot of time for people.

Last edited:

bjk497

Level 2 Member
I have a quick question. My maiden name is still listed on my IHG account so I wrote the index cards with my maiden name so it matched my account information (instead of calling to change my account information because I was feeling too lazy). Anyways, I have already written all 94 cards and it just dawned on me that the MC I used has my current last name. I really hate to re-write everything. Does anybody know if this will cause problems?
The first 4 digits of your MC are not unique to you, so you should be good to go with your maiden name

Hplx32

I've sent in all 94, waiting for my responses...I heard it takes 4 to 5 weeks for responses. Anyone else experience something similar?

agrippa472

Level 2 Member
I've sent in all 94, waiting for my responses...I heard it takes 4 to 5 weeks for responses. Anyone else experience something similar?
Yeah I sent my first batch in before Christmas and just started receiving them. I suspect it'll take another week or two before I get the next batch.

Panache

Level 2 Member
Is it OK to just list the same phone number as day/evening number? I don't want telemarketers calling the office...

suljaga13

Level 2 Member
I mailed my 91 cards yesterday. I handwritten 94 cards (counted it 3 times), but when I was inserting them in envelope I came up short. Three of those envelopes probably contain couple of cards. Hopefully I don't get disqualified.

druiddation

Level 2 Member
This promotion has greatly improved my handwriting. I've been typing so much more than writing for the last decade or so that my handwriting had gotten to the point that I could barely read it at times. The first couple days I couldn't fill out more than 2 or 3 cards before my hand would cramp up. I started to be concerned that my entries wouldn't count if they couldn't read my member number or email address correctly, and after slowing down a bit and spacing some of my letters out a little more I was amazed at how much more legible my writing became.

suljaga13

Level 2 Member
This promotion has greatly improved my handwriting. I've been typing so much more than writing for the last decade or so that my handwriting had gotten to the point that I could barely read it at times. The first couple days I couldn't fill out more than 2 or 3 cards before my hand would cramp up. I started to be concerned that my entries wouldn't count if they couldn't read my member number or email address correctly, and after slowing down a bit and spacing some of my letters out a little more I was amazed at how much more legible my writing became.
I couldn't agree more with you. I did first batch of 94 card for myself and my hand was about to fall off. It took me few days. However, I did second batch for my wife in a single day, yes I got it handwritten all 94 cards, printed envelopes, stamped and mailed them the same day.
Getting real good at it.