IHG 2016 Q1 Accelerate Promotion

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Here's my offer. Looks like I can get 40K Points for 1 P&C Stay if I use my IHG CC since that will meet requirements for 3/4. If I do it in January, looks like I can get 45K points... Think I'll get in on this one.

5,000 Stay Once Get 5,000
Thank you for choosing IHG. We'd like to see you again soon. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

10,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

3,600 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 3,600 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more bonus points when you use a combination of points and cash.

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

29,900 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 4 offers above and earn (an additional) 29,900 bonus points (excluding the January Bonus Offer).

sriki

Level 2 Member
JANUARY BONUS OFFER: Stay once in January and get 5,000 bonus points.

1. Stay Once Get 5,000
2. Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points
3. Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 9,600 bonus points
4. Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points - 2600 points
5. You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points

Complete 4 of the 5 offers above and earn (an additional) 22,100 bonus points (excluding the January Bonus Offer).

So, two stays (one in January & two at HI) paid by IHG CC along with a hotel redemption or any other point redemption should get 45,000 points. I will probably go for it unless I have a lot more work stays to do #2.

niehlin2

Level 2 Member
Here is my offer. Do I need to apply the IHG credit card, book one night and book another night with points and cash or do I just need to book 1 stay with poinst and cash and apply for the credit card to complete 3 of the 4 offers?
image.png

niehlin2

Level 2 Member
Have you completed yours? I was told points and cash is not counted as a stay for stay once get x000 offer. It's very confusing.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Have you completed yours? I was told points and cash is not counted as a stay for stay once get x000 offer. It's very confusing.
It does appear that the P&C doesn't count as a regular "stay" unfortunately, still 2 stays ain't 2 bad.

niehlin2

Level 2 Member
Someone just called IHG to clarify. It's also in the T&C. A Stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” when member pays qualifying rates. Points and cash is not a qualifying stay.

oopl

Silver Member
IHG handles P+C stays differently. They sell you the points for the cash portion then it books as an award stay.