If you think SSL errors are bad...

SomeRandomGuy

Nerd, Poet, Warrior
My company has a lot of penetration testers who are... fun. But this can have side-effects, like having your network being blocked from popular (if old) tech sites for misbehavior.

On a kind of related note, if there are any crypto nerds/nerds who want a http://keybase.io invite, let me know.

SomeRandomGuy

Nerd, Poet, Warrior
How did they ban your network? And what are the pen testers doing without masking? Is it amateur hour? Jk.
Nothing in our netblock is permitted to visit comments, I assume they're just checking the source IP. I am not motivated enough to sneak around this just to hit Slashdot.

The pentesters are mostly kids, though clever ones, I am sure they weren't trying to DOS from a work host (which would be pointless anyway, that's what other people's routers are for), so I am guessing someone was misbehaving in the comments to break rendering to troll.

Last edited:

Someone

Level 2 Member
You have an office full of script kiddies? If you're the boss, they need more work. If you're not, refer them to some adsense competitors... gotta be at least one guy in there with a click bot and a profit motive - might as well make some money off their free time. :)

SomeRandomGuy

Nerd, Poet, Warrior
The company has a large pentesting team, but I am definitely not their boss, since I'm a software engineer for a security product, we just share a network (and I share office space with some of them). They do make things colorful sometimes.

Some of them do some mind-boggling things with popping shells on things I wouldn't think you could pop a shell on, and at least a few tend to do presos most years for DefCon, various OWASP conferences, Black Hat Arsenal (sigh), SecTor, and others, but someone among them apparently liked to misbehave in Slashdot comments enough for a wide-scale ban. It's been blocked since I got here, and apparently for at least a few years before that.

Last edited: