If you had 120,000 UR points what would you use them for?

nashharley

Level 2 Member
do they transfer at 1:1 ratio to southwest? i was under the impression that using UR for domestic was not the best use of the points, but i'm still new to this!

Abbazappaplant

Paranoid MS'er :)
if you have a companion pass with southwest, then it's a brilliant use. Everyone has different needs... I've mainly used mine for Southwest and to purchase products to resell. It's fun turning $500 in points into $900 cash.

nashharley

Level 2 Member
if you have a companion pass with southwest, then it's a brilliant use. Everyone has different needs... I've mainly used mine for Southwest and to purchase products to resell. It's fun turning $500 in points into $900 cash.
iiiiiinteresting! i tend to fly sw often for quick domestic stuff, i need to dig in there a bit more. and definitely interested in learning more about this art of reselling. does anyone have any resources they could recommend for me to learn more in that area? i'm new to this forum and still in bootcamp, so there may even be level 2 resources here that i'm not yet aware of.

Alice

Level 2 Member
10-15 Hyatt stays, preferably 15 x the 8000 point level, or mixing in a few at the 12K point level.

If you don't have any other options for transferring points to get Singapore miles then I'd also consider utilizing that program for this type of redemption http://www.milevalue.com/singapore-sweet-spot-krisflyer-hawaii-central-america/ or for a trip you may need to change/cancel where want something with low fees for that.

But, I use my UR exclusively for Hyatt now that Amtrak isn't an option.

Benjamin

Level 2 Member
Do you have any elite status with any hotel? That would have an effect on the destination for sure.

Silversurfie

Saving mine for a first class roundtrip ticket to Bangkok Thailand. So many other ways to get hotel points (hotel CCs) that it seems kind of a waste to use Chase UR points for anything else except flights.

CoreyH

Level 2 Member
Currently working on 2 awards at the same time. Have a cruise booked out of Sydney for October of next year and would like to fly Korean first, so will be transferring UR to Korean for that. Then a couple months after the cruise will be going to the Philippines and want to fly Asiana A380 first. So UR will be going to United after that.

benjie1305

Level 2 Member
Probably some potential KE F usage if it was in my near term travel plans. Otherwise using them on Hyatt properties is really the way to go. Great hotels, easy to have top status with and pretty much the only way to stay there via award bookings.

CWAL

Level 2 Member
I really have no idea.. I have a pretty big balance myself and they just sit there. At the moment, I have enough miles/hotel points to allow for some seriously nice travel. I earn points way faster than I can currently burn them. I have a habit of wanting to take my vacations as one lump each year for two+ weeks, so perhaps I should be pushing for more vacation time instead of a raise. xD (or maybe I just need to increase the luxury level of my redemption options - I've never even booked a first class redemption until this year..)

RollPlayer

Level 2 Member
I have a big balance and am letting it sit there for now. I am looking into a transfer to Hyatt to use at one of their 25k points all inclusives in Cancun or Jamaica. Also, I am piling up a large Marriott balance through work travel and it may make sense to top off my Marriott balance to get enough points for a nights and flights package with Southwest that would get me a companion pass.

seamuson

Now that Flying Blue joined the list of transfer partners, I'd probably put those toward a nice trip to Hawaii via Flying Blue and Hyatt. Now if only I had the time to go...

JakeFromStateFarm

Points Junkie
I am currently hoarding UR points for a planned FC trip to Europe with my family, but in between I use my UR points sparingly on low-cost/high value redemptions like Avios short-haul flights and Hyatt points+cash nights.

daveinla

Level 2 Member
I have a little over 300K UR and I don't know what to do with them. I much prefer AA miles to United miles (though I haven't made any AA award bookings since 3/22 deval), so my UR are pretty much going to Hyatt. If I didn't have a lot of SWA points already from the 2 Chase SW cards, I might transfer UR to SWA. SQ is also decent, but I've been transferring from the 600K Citi TYP stash for SQ.

mathlete

Level 2 Member
I also used mine (about 320k) for a couple of first class tickets on Korean Air to Seoul. It was a FANTASTIC use, and now I'm really sad to think it's very unlikely I'll accumulate that many again.