If I Cancel CC - Do I Keep my Certificate?

knick1959

Level 2 Member
Well, I'm not looking to cancel it exactly. I would like to get a Freedom Unlimited, which I understand is available for new apps (phone and in-branch, no online app yet) AND product changes. While I MIGHT take a chance with a new app by visiting a branch, my chances are slim. I'm well over the 5/24 limit. WELL over.

But PCs are probably not as hard. I'm almost tempted to do my normal Freedom card, as many quarters it isn't really usable (restaurants aren't practical ... still have unused gift cards from last year and gas stations in NE Ohio are tough, although I do have one that seems workable. And I have a 5% anytime card for Real Gas). AND, I finally lost my 10% + 10 bonus on every Freedom purchase, which means its no longer the ideal card to use for tiny purchases. It's nowhere near as shiney in my wallet. Still, there ARE 5x categoies ...

I'm not even sure Chase would PC this card. But I may try!

I was planning on dumping the Hyatt card anyway, next annual fee. It almost went last time, but I found a way to use the single cert. And I acquired a new one. Do I loose it? Or is it safe in my Hyatt locker?

Hmmm. Sorry, I'm thinking out load. My wife applied for her own a week or 2 ago. Pending. We're waiting it out; I will not call in. But if she has a cert, too, this makes the certificates way more valuable. Having 2 is much more usable than having a lone single.

Thinking about it, like points, I think the certificate is safe. But I'll leave the question anyway, in case someone wants to tell me I'm wrong :).

dukerau

Level 2 Member
Chase won't let you PC a co-brand CC to Freedom (or any of their core cards), but you're welcome to ask. Maybe you'll be the exception :)

If the certificate is in your account, it's yours.