Review Hyatt Regency Hakone Resort and Spa

smittytabb

Staff member
I booked the Hyatt Regency Hakone Resort and Spa hotel for a stay in June 2014 on points before the devaluation in a standard room, but was able to get a room on the top floor overlooking Mt. Fuji. Unfortunately it was cloudy and we were never quite able to see it, but that gives us a reason to return. Reaching the property from Tokyo is easy. We took the "Romance Car" train from Shinjuku Station to Odawara Station. The property has a free shuttle from the train station, but you need to reserve it ahead of time. The ride from the station to the resort is an approximately 40 minute winding uphill tour of the area. The resort check in was efficient and easy, and our room was very large and pleasant with sitting area overlooking the mountains. When you enter the room there are clogs for your use at the door as well as yukatas in the closet to wear on the property.

During our stay, the majority of tourists were Japanese and it is a place that is a destination resort. The concept is one of complete relaxation and the resort knows how to do this in spades. Businessmen who usually are in coat and tie, wander around in yukatas all day and even wear them to dinner. Each evening there is a two hour cocktail reception for everyone in the grand room of the property. It is a large sitting area. There was an array of drink options and the service was great. Both breakfast and dinner were well done and the food and service were excellent. One of the highlights is the onsen, a hot water spring tub on the property. I really enjoyed the onsen and my husband had what he described as the best massage of his life here. We only stayed one night and there is not a lot to do right around the property. We had been traveling for weeks without much break so this little short stay was just what we needed and we really enjoyed it.

Last edited: