Review Hyatt Regency Crystal City

smittytabb

Staff member
I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City 5 times this spring since April and it has become my go to hotel near Washington Reagan National Airport (DCA). As a Hyatt Diamond I have been upgraded each stay most commonly to a deluxe corner room. The hotel is shaped like a protractor and these rooms end in the numbers -62, -59, -00, or -03. I also once was upgraded to a corner suite. Those end in -34. The hotel is very large with 686 rooms and as a result often has availability when other area hotels do not. I have found DC (my hometown) one of the most difficult markets to find rooms and also have found that the prices really vary depending on what is going on. This hotel is reliably less expensive on the weekend than during the week. I have stayed here as a paid stay and also with Hyatt Cash + Points and find it a good value in this market. Breakfast is included for Diamonds and the restaurant on site for breakfast is Cinnabar. They offer a buffet breakfast daily and the service at breakfast is hit or miss. The first time there it was somewhat of a disaster, but most recently during a slower time the service was much better. Food and cocktails are available in the lobby during the day and evening and that has been a good experience each time. The rooms are not newly updated for the most part. They could use refreshing, but all in all given that the hotel has a free airport shuttle to DCA and to the local metro stop, this hotel is convenient and adequate for short stays in the DC Metro area. It seems to serve as both a conference hotel and I have also been there when there school trips but never had any trouble with noise in the hotel. The valet parking can be very slow, so if you have a car, I recommend self parking in the garage around the corner.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
Interesting.

Thanks for the review. I usually fly into DCA so this is a great. I always stay at my go to Residence Inn Fairfax. So I'll have to try this location out.