Hyatt non refundable Paris room 12/26-12/28 Help!!

sharebear

I booked on that great sale back in March for a 2 night stay 12/26-12/28 at the Hyatt Paris Etiole in the Ambassador suite. Our plans have changed, we are looking to stay outside of the city instead. Room is non refundable but I'm looking to cancel- they won't let me. Any tips or anyone in need of this room? Breakfast included.

mmargel

Level 2 Member
I don't know if you have plans to return in the future but sometimes they're more generous when you ask to move a reservation to a new date

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
I booked on that great sale back in March for a 2 night stay 12/26-12/28 at the Hyatt Paris Etiole in the Ambassador suite. Our plans have changed, we are looking to stay outside of the city instead. Room is non refundable but I'm looking to cancel- they won't let me. Any tips or anyone in need of this room? Breakfast included.
Sorry, but that's the catch to non refundable rooms. As @mmargel mentioned you may have luck swapping dates (but useless if you don't plan on staying there some other time). There's also sites where you can sell them (e.g. roomertravel.com or cancelon.com). I have no idea about your responsibility/risk with these and cannot recommend them (never used them and don't know anyone who personally has) - so do your research and see if it's a good idea...

sharebear

Hey thanks! Both good ideas….. yes, I knew my chances when I booked and I can eat the cost if necessary, just don't want to!

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
Unfortunately that's what "non-refundable" means. That's why so many people don't book non-refundable rooms regardless of the cost savings. Hopefully the tips above help you out.

sriki

Level 2 Member
Did you book C+P or just cash?