Hyatt GCs not eligible for 5% Open savings?

cheryld

Level 2 Member
Why were all the bloggers saying this would work. I guess I should have double-checked myself before purchasing $600 worth during the Hyatt GC sale. :-(

Mountainmanduy

Level 2 Member
when did you make the purchase? I think it takes roughly a few days to show up in your amex account, the 5% savings that is.

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
Yes it will take a few days. To verify that it will qualify, just look at the item details. It should say "doing business has Hyatt Fulfillment Chicago" or something like that. I can guarantee that as of this summer, both physical and electronic gift cards triggered the bonus on my Amex biz.

Mountainmanduy

Level 2 Member
I almost feel tempted to buy a stack of hyatt gift cards before the end of the year. However, not sure what my vacation plans are. Will be sad that this discount will be gone.

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
I completely agree especially since I no longer have my Chase Hyatt CC either. I was going to fall back on that. Now it'll just be w/e travel card I have that works.

Mountainmanduy

Level 2 Member
Well that will be interesting since their terms show this.

2. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®: Payment must be made with a Business Card from American Express OPEN. "Eligible" means the first $10,000 in spending per Card Account in a calendar year, including incidental charges charged to your room folio at time of check out, at participating Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency and Hyatt hotel or resort locations within the U.S., and until 12/31/15, at participating Hyatt Centric locations within the U.S. For stays at participating Hyatt Centric locations, this benefit is available for transactions completed on or before 12/31/2015. Any transactions that are charged to your Card at Hyatt Centric properties after 12/31/15 will not qualify for this limited time OPEN Savings benefit. Because your Card is normally charged at the end of your stay, that means that you will not receive the benefit for any stays completed after 12/31/2015. This excludes charges relating to third party sales transactions (such as prepaid travel agent, wholesaler, on-line travel service, Internet access or similar transactions) not paid directly to the hotel. Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Residence Club locations do not participate in the OPEN Savings benefit. Go to open.hyatt.com/participating to find a participating location. General OPEN Savings terms and conditions also apply.

Plus they show Hyatt on their website.

upload_2015-12-1_9-18-32.png

Hopefully they show up soon.

cheryld

Level 2 Member
They all have this as the merchant:
HYATT GIFT CERTIFICATES OMAHA NE

And the date was actually 11/23.

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
They all have this as the merchant:
HYATT GIFT CERTIFICATES OMAHA NE

And the date was actually 11/23.
Here's what mine had:

HYATT GIFT CERTIFICAOMAHA NE
Doing business as:
HYATT FULFILMENTMARYLAND
9805 Q ST
OMAHA
NE
68127-3200
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (THE)
Additional Information: 312-750-8109

Reference: XYX
Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Mail Order

I made the purchases on 07/23 and 07/25 and received the reimbursement on 07/27 and 07/28. Maybe wait it out a couple more days and see it posts.

cheryld

Level 2 Member
Still hasn't posted.... :-( This is how the charges look on my account:
HYATT FULFILMENTMARYLAND
9805 Q ST
OMAHA
NE
68127-3200

Reference: 320153280661083746

UPDATE - just chatted with Amex - was told it can take up to 12 weeks for the credit to appear...? Never has taken that long before.

Last edited:

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
Still hasn't posted.... :-( This is how the charges look on my account:
HYATT FULFILMENTMARYLAND
9805 Q ST
OMAHA
NE
68127-3200

Reference: 320153280661083746

UPDATE - just chatted with Amex - was told it can take up to 12 weeks for the credit to appear...? Never has taken that long before.
So you have done this before and gotten the credit?

Flanmann

Level 2 Member
Is it safer/easier to buy the GCs at a hotel perhaps? I'm about to buy a bunch of GCs for a future stay.

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
Yes, but it was last year on a different Bus Plat card. What I posted is from this year and it appears to be the exact same as yours...I don't understand what the issue is.
Ok. This may be obvious but I need to ask. Did you go in and select 5% bonus on the Open Savings? If you don't, it will automatically get set to 3x MR points. (For cards with MR of course)

cheryld

Level 2 Member
Thanks and, unfortunately, it wasn't obvious. And even though I thought I had selected discount on DH's card..apparently not :-(
Wish I knew why one of the reps I chatted with didn't see that. Oh well. They apparently made notes in my(his) account about the 5% not posting..maybe I will get lucky.
Thank you for all of the support I received on this thread. I really feel like quite the idiot now.

Last edited:

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
Probably a good idea to buy them on ebay. There is a deal on them right now I think. 175 for a 200 Hyatt GC.
I always take advantage of that sell when it happens. Combine with a portal and ebay bucks and its a great rate! Unfortunately the deal, this time, expired a couple of hours ago.

Glenn

Level 2 Member
I always take advantage of that sell when it happens. Combine with a portal and ebay bucks and its a great rate! Unfortunately the deal, this time, expired a couple of hours ago.
Yeah but they show up fairly regularly. And of course the bucks can always be used to purchase more Hyatt GCs, often at a discount. You should almost always be able to do 15% off and occasionally up to 20% off without too much effort.

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
Yeah but they show up fairly regularly. And of course the bucks can always be used to purchase more Hyatt GCs, often at a discount. You should almost always be able to do 15% off and occasionally up to 20% off without too much effort.
I fully agree with you. I was just pointing out that you spoke of the current deal but it actually just ended.

Mountainmanduy

Level 2 Member
Well, lets hope it regularly shows up on ebay after the 12/31. Nonetheless still good to stock up with hyatt gift cards when you can.

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
Well, lets hope it regularly shows up on ebay after the 12/31. Nonetheless still good to stock up with hyatt gift cards when you can.
As mentioned though, be careful about stocking up. Lots of fraud on these cards unfortunately. Even from Hyatt.com. I think though that there is less fraud with physical cards that need to be scratched off to uncover the numbers.

smittytabb

Staff member
Is it safer/easier to buy the GCs at a hotel perhaps? I'm about to buy a bunch of GCs for a future stay.
I always buy them online, sometimes through Hyatt Fulfillment at a discount when I have a code and other times through ebay. Never had an issue, but I always get the physical cards.

Mountainmanduy

Level 2 Member
Thanks for the remainder! I forgot about that.

As mentioned though, be careful about stocking up. Lots of fraud on these cards unfortunately. Even from Hyatt.com. I think though that there is less fraud with physical cards that need to be scratched off to uncover the numbers.

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
I will point out that I have had no issues with the cards sold by SVM on ebay. They are physical cards that have to be scratched off. Even 3 months later and the cards were untampered.