Hyatt Diamond Status Match

MaryE

Level 2 Member
Another great benefit I found out recently as a Diamond is that if you can't make your reservation, Hyatt will rearrange the date at the same hotel for another night. I was going to stay at the Monterey Spa and Hotel for New Year's Eve, but decided I just wanted to stay home that night. So, I called up the Hyatt Diamond line and the reservationist not only helped me find an agreeable new date, but also we switched the rate to a points and cash rate. I mentioned that I thought that the points and cash idea was going away in 2015, but she mentioned that it will be a Diamond benefit.

I re-qualified on 25 stays with real money funded on Hyatt CC. Utter madness, but got great rates overall, including using some points and cash, gift cards. Hyatt is worth it all!

Last edited:

niehlin2

Level 2 Member
I had a similar experience too. Had to cancel a reservation last minute on the check-in date. The lady on the phone suggested me to change the check-in date to a later day and call back later to cancel it. This way I would get the points credit back to my account. It was very nice of her and I learned a new trick.

jonasan

Level 2 Member
...I mentioned that I thought that the points and cash idea was going away in 2015, but she mentioned that it will be a Diamond benefit.
Where did you hear/read that points and cash was going away in 2015? I was unaware of that, but even if it'd diamond only, I'll still be able to take advantage of that at least for the next year or so. It'd be unfortunate if they removed the cash+points option though, I've used that quite a bit since it became an option.

smittytabb

Staff member
Where did you hear/read that points and cash was going away in 2015? I was unaware of that, but even if it'd diamond only, I'll still be able to take advantage of that at least for the next year or so. It'd be unfortunate if they removed the cash+points option though, I've used that quite a bit since it became an option.
I heard that points+cash is staying but that "My Elite Rate" would be discontinued.

niehlin2

Level 2 Member
Yes, that's what I heard too. I read it from somewhere Hyatt will enhance points and cash but I have not heard anything yet. I am hoping it will allow us to book points and cash online.

Diamond is my best friend.:)

MaryE

Level 2 Member
Boarding Area
One Mile at a Time
/2014/10/07/will-hyatt-bring-back-elite-rate-2015/

smittytabb

Staff member
Boarding Area
One Mile at a Time
/2014/10/07/will-hyatt-bring-back-elite-rate-2015/
That's speculation. Ben often makes predictions. They are not always correct. He also reported other news on 12/10/14, including discontinuation of "My Elite Rate".

niehlin2

Level 2 Member
That's speculation. Ben often makes predictions. They are not always correct. He also reported other news on 12/10/14, including discontinuation of "My Elite Rate".
I am with you. Speculation is speculation until it becomes a reality. Why don't we just enjoy it when we can? Of course, I hope this speculation never becomes a reality.

MaryE

Level 2 Member
I am with you. Speculation is speculation until it becomes a reality. Why don't we just enjoy it when we can? Of course, I hope this speculation never becomes a reality.
His speculation is just that. While I was rebooking my night into 2015, I confirmed that points and cash are NOT going away.

Voyaging Doc

Level 2 Member
Anyone try matching MGM Mlife status to MLife Platinum from Hyatt Diamond, after already having a previous status match from a lower Hyatt status? It's not working for me.

For MLife hotel stays I just discovered that you can also get southwest points for each stay, and not just the Hyatt points. Triple dip! I figure if I really need a mattress run to keep Diamond, vegas may be a good option at the seediest cheapest mgm hotels

EDIT: I got it manually adjusted to MLife Platinum. Called MLife Member services at 866 761 7111. They called up Hyatt to confirm my status and then upgraded me. 3 minutes.

Last edited:

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone try matching MGM Mlife status to MLife Platinum from Hyatt Diamond, after already having a previous status match from a lower Hyatt status? It's not working for me.

For MLife hotel stays I just discovered that you can also get southwest points for each stay, and not just the Hyatt points. Triple dip! I figure if I really need a mattress run to keep Diamond, vegas may be a good option at the seediest cheapest mgm hotels

EDIT: I got it manually adjusted to MLife Platinum. Called MLife Member services at 866 761 7111. They called up Hyatt to confirm my status and then upgraded me. 3 minutes.
Same issue, tried to match online and didn't get it to work. Called in and had to ask about the latest offer.. and now we need a trip to Vegas :)

mrsjon01

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Does Hyatt Diamond match to MLife Platinum or Noir? I only matched to MLife Gold and wonder if it's worth trying to match DH.

Voyaging Doc

Level 2 Member
@mrsjon01
Hyatt Diamond -> MLife Platinum
http:// hyatthotels.hyatt [dot] com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/goldpassport/mlife.html

You're going to need to be staying a lot or gambling a lot to reach Noir. Just follow in Matt's footsteps. Most people gamble to get rich. He just does it to get comp'ed cruises, stays, haircuts.

I'm late to the game, but I just discovered Virtuoso bookings can stack on diamond benefits, and DSUs can be applied to Virtuoso. Going to try this for the first time, after learning (shockingly) that the friends and family discount rates for Hyatt gets no points, tier/stay credits!!! Many of the bookings I was looking at had much lower friends/family rates than even the diamond rates.

mrsjon01

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
@mrsjon01
Hyatt Diamond -> MLife Platinum
http:// hyatthotels.hyatt [dot] com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/goldpassport/mlife.html

You're going to need to be staying a lot or gambling a lot to reach Noir. Just follow in Matt's footsteps. Most people gamble to get rich. He just does it to get comp'ed cruises, stays, haircuts.

I'm late to the game, but I just discovered Virtuoso bookings can stack on diamond benefits, and DSUs can be applied to Virtuoso. Going to try this for the first time, after learning (shockingly) that the friends and family discount rates for Hyatt gets no points, tier/stay credits!!! Many of the bookings I was looking at had much lower friends/family rates than even the diamond rates.
Thank you, don't know how I missed that. I'd love to get comped cruises and haircuts!

ssimonvii

Was able to get M life to match to Platinum as well by calling (website didn't work). I'm 80% sure I will be staying at the Bellagio toward the end of the month so I will report back how it goes.

PghRocks

I too, had to call MLife to get the match. I've been trying to "opt-in" online for weeks.

The CSR at MLife asked me to take a screenshot of the error message on the Hyatt screen and send it to him, so I did. Hopefully, he'll take the initiative to fix whatever's going and be rewarding with many riches by his boss.

ssimonvii

Alright... room is booked directly through M life. Does anyone have any experience about what type of room upgrades they provide when available? As of now, a ton of room options are booked for the weekend so hopefully it stays that way. Again, I will definitely report back with my experience.

thedrills

Level 2 Member
Just want to share my experience. I love twitter. I go by the motto of being nice always gets you further. Ive got Hyatt to give me diamond status by asking and pushing just the right amount even though I probably wouldnt have been matched to diamond from my SPG Gold otherwise. Ive found this motto to work all over. I now have personal contacts at some of the most luxurious hotels because of a few nice emails and personal phone calls,

APrime

Level 2 Member
For those who use Twitter (from one who doesn't), does it seem like companies like Hyatt pay more attention to users with active profiles?

I tried for a Hyatt status match (from IHG Spire Elite) via email and only got Gold and couldn't get them to budge. I've debated trying Twitter, but I think I've only ever made one tweet, and that was for a Planetside 2 beta key... Is it even worth trying?

thedrills

Level 2 Member
For those who use Twitter (from one who doesn't), does it seem like companies like Hyatt pay more attention to users with active profiles?

I tried for a Hyatt status match (from IHG Spire Elite) via email and only got Gold and couldn't get them to budge. I've debated trying Twitter, but I think I've only ever made one tweet, and that was for a Planetside 2 beta key... Is it even worth trying?
It can't hurt. I only got gold from Hilton so I created a new account and got diamond using Twitter. Try following them and asking for them to follow you for a DM then once they do speak directly to them

singerbabe

Level 2 Member
Twitter noob as well. Tried to get the Hyatt Diamond match that way but was about 12 hours late to the game. Slowly dragging myself into the 21st century...

I think Hyatt offers great value and like staying at their properties. Yes, I've "Vendomed" and it was amazing, mostly for those Washlet toilets!

thedrills

Level 2 Member
Got Diamond status through the match, signed up for the chase credit card (did it through the hyatt website so I also got a $50 statement credit) got my free nights posted and just stayed in the Park Hyatt NY for free. Not bad.

APrime

Level 2 Member
Gave it a shot through Twitter, was offered Platinum and denied Diamond. They said that Diamond is reserved for SPG Platinum with 20 qualifying nights.

thedrills

Level 2 Member
Gave it a shot through Twitter, was offered Platinum and denied Diamond. They said that Diamond is reserved for SPG Platinum with 20 qualifying nights.
What do you have? Gold?
I wonder if they're tightening up.
I had both spg and Marriott gold

jazzmailman

Level 2 Member
I'm a SPG Plat matched to Hyatt Diamond. However, I don't plan on staying at a Hyatt property prior to end of February. If anyone wants to book a reservation with Diamond Suite upgrades under my name (only cash price and C&P reservations are eligible), please PM me. I don't need compensation since your stay/nights credit will help me requalify Hyatt Diamond next year.

Thanks!

bgh10788

Level 2 Member
Alright... room is booked directly through M life. Does anyone have any experience about what type of room upgrades they provide when available? As of now, a ton of room options are booked for the weekend so hopefully it stays that way. Again, I will definitely report back with my experience.
I'm also interested in this. Got matched to MGM platinum but from what I'm reading, you have to be well-informed of your benefits as nothing will be proactively offered. Also, did you have to call in to get the promotions for room rates and resort credit? My MLife account shows that I'm platinum but no really worthwhile promotions.