Hyatt Base Points

My1stMile

Level 2 Member
Does the "Base Amount" actually mean "Base Points" in the Account Details? For my stay below, Base amount is the 5 x base points, the bonus is Diamond bonus + welcome amenity. The other two are "Type" Bonus, but list the amounts in "Base Amount". The 19k is a transfer from my inlaws and the 1k is a transfer from my UR. Just curious as it applies to lifetime, but is probably irrelevant if it isn't gameable.

upload_2016-2-23_10-31-11.png

jdlucas24

Level 2 Member
I believe base points is the base 5X you earn on hotel spend only. I think for lifetime Diamond status you need 1,000,000 base points, or $200,000 in spend at hotels.

My1stMile

Level 2 Member
Yeah, that is what it is supposed to be, I was just looking for loopholes. I saw someone indicate that UR transfers used to count towards lifetime. Sometime between when I posted this and now, those two "Type" bonus moved from the base to bonus category.

Voyaging Doc

Level 2 Member
Just curious. I added tip to a breakfast bill, which was not included. This was listed as eligible for redemption but did not contribute to base points. Is this normal for restaurant spend not to count, or was it just because of tip?

My latest stay my hotel room cost alone sans fees/taxes exceeded eligible earnings, which also confuses me. I'm finding that I need to call in more and more often to correct these things

Flanmann

Level 2 Member
Just curious. I added tip to a breakfast bill, which was not included. This was listed as eligible for redemption but did not contribute to base points. Is this normal for restaurant spend not to count, or was it just because of tip?

My latest stay my hotel room cost alone sans fees/taxes exceeded eligible earnings, which also confuses me. I'm finding that I need to call in more and more often to correct these things
I had this same issue at some mLife stays in Vegas recently. I learned that taxes, tips, and retail spending don't count towards base points earnings for Hyatt base points. It's of course still good to put the spend on the room for extra Hyatt points if you have a Hyatt CC (at Hyatt's only-not mLife).

RollPlayer

Level 2 Member
I saw the same as you in my account details a few months ago and thought that it would be possible to us UR point transfers to fast track me to lifetime diamond.

I called and had them tell me my lifetime base points, and it was only the 5x base rate that counted. Oh well! Only $150 more spending at Hyatt to go for me :(